Jealous? by Melissa De la Cruz

Reviewed by Harmony for TeensReadToo.com

Lauren Page thinks she's finally back in with The Ashleys. All she had to do was ask them to be part of her group on the new reality TV show, Preteen Queen. But the launch of a website that's used to rank the girls at school causes more problems, especially when secrets are being withheld.

Lauren hadn't expected her life to be perfect once she was in with the The Ashleys, but she'd never suspected all that went on behind the scenes.

So Lauren's new plan is to rank with The Ashleys on the site. Her long-term plan, after all, is to take these girls down and make the 7th grade a better place to be. She soon realizes, though, that there's a reason the Ashleys have stayed at the top for so long -- and they're doing everything possible to stay there.

I found the second book in THE ASHLEYS series to be better than the first. Ashleyrank.com was a unique idea and, though this series is quite a bit like THE CLIQUE, it put a unique spin on the book. A lot of the fashion references were wasted on me, but I still enjoyed this story and I will be waiting for the rest of the books in the series. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 11, 2009 |
It was good for maybe middle schoolers. It really reflected many aspects of being a young girl. It was more geared for middle schoolers and I’m a senior. It was a good book, but to young for me. I would maybe recommend it to a middle schooler. AHS/HK
  edspicer | Sep 21, 2009 |

"They have it all: money, looks, popularity, anything their little platinum-encased hearts desire. They also have a new face. After Lauren Page's unexpected and brilliant maneuver at the fall VIP dance, she is in so tight with Ashley Spencer, the number one Ashley, that she might as well be Ashley's favorite pair of leggings. But a new website, ww.ashleyrank, catches on like the flu in February, and for the first time since kindergarten it's open season in the popularity race. Lauren Page sees a way in, Ashley Li and Ashley Alito see a way up, and Ashley Spencer sees a way to prove there's only room for one at the top." - Back cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,370,872 books! | Top bar: Always visible