Moses: A Memoir by Joel Cohen

Moses: A Memoir

by Joel Cohen

8None1,035,133NoneNone

No reviews

A fresh and intriguing fictional retelling of Moses' life

"I am about to die. I suffer no illness nor frailty other than age. Yet, I walk in an unyielding, undeviating destiny." So speaks Moses from Mount Nebo, the place he finally went to and where he reflected on his life, before he died. In this deeply passionate and personal tale, a very human Moses unfolds, a man of destiny who often quailed at what was required of him by God, argued with God, and questioned God's plan for his life. We see through his eyes, we feel through his heart, we understand his doubts and fears as he guides his people, receives the Ten Commandments and always remains human in the midst of his awesome responsibilities and unfolding destiny.

In poetic prose, enhanced by biblical commentaries and passages from both the Old and the New Testaments, we see Moses' life revealed in a way that has not been done before. This is a man's life, not just an account of his works. Unique, intensely moving, and resonating with the emotional struggles of a leader of men, this Moses is alive!

Recommended for:

· readers of all faiths who enjoy inspirational reading.

· lovers of memoir who enjoy an accessible view of a wise leader's life.

· historians intrigued by a fresh one-of-a-kind retelling of Moses the man and his leadership.

· biblical scholars in the Judeo-Christian tradition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:22 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,935,469 books! | Top bar: Always visible