Gone by Michael Grant

Gone (original 2009; edition 2009)

by Michael Grant

Series: Gone (1)

Member:mattlevin
Title:Gone
Authors:Michael Grant
Info:Katherine Tegen Books (2009), Edition: Reprint, Paperback, 576 pages

Gone by Michael Grant (2009)

I found myself instantly drawn into this book and this world. In a genre where things could easily get predictable, I'm pleased to continue seeing new spins, new tragedies, new enemies, and constant surprises. This was a longer book than most YA, but it didn't seem long since it was so hard to put down that it took very little time to read! There is a definite open ended ending, but it's not one of those cliffhangers that leave you angry or too desperate for the next book. Still, I'm glad my library had book 2 so I can start soon. ( )
  MynTop | Apr 8, 2016 |
I do not really know why I did not like this book. I did read all of it cause I wanted to find out what would happen. A lot of twist were in this book, maybe too many? I think that it was the writing that did not get me loving this book. I felt distanced to the characters (and there are many characters in this book).
It was a very interesting concept. All the adults suddenly disappear but not very well executed. I wanted to try book 2 but when I found out there are at least 5 more one books I decided to stop. Not going to read Hunger even though I have a copy on my kindle. ( )
  Marlene-NL | Mar 12, 2016 |
I enjoyed this story a lot! I started it when I was younger though and wasn't interested in reading more. I definitely want to re read this now and finish the series. I remember it being very very sloooow. But there was a lot of intense scenes and action. it was lord of the flies with a modern city twist. I just enjoyed it and would like to read again ( )
  ChelseaClaudett | Mar 8, 2016 |
Meh. Plot was good, but the book could have been better. ( )
  babydogfish | Jan 29, 2016 |
This was an enjoyable read about friendship and survival, despite the fact that some parts were too far fetched for my liking (I hate talking animals!!). However, it was quite a page turner with plenty of action which kept the reader involved to the end and am looking forward to reading the sequel. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
Wat doe je als alle volwassenen spoorloos verdwenen zijn?
For Katherine, Jake, and Julia
One minute the teacher was talking about the Civil War. And the next minute he was gone.

In the blink of an eye.

Everyone disappears.

Gone.

Everyone except for the young. Teens. Middle schoolers. Toddlers. But not a single adult. No teachers, no cops, no doctors, no parents. Gone, too, are the phones, internet, and television. There is no way to get help.

Hunger threatens. Bullies rule. A sinister creature lurks. Animals are mutating. And the teens themselves are changing, developing new talents—unimaginable, dangerous, deadly powers—that grow stronger by the day.

It's a terrifying new world. Sides are being chosen and war is imminent.

The first in a breathtaking saga about teens battling each other and their darkest selves, gone is a page-turning thriller that will make you look at the world in a whole new way.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:44 -0400)

In a small town on the coast of California, everyone over the age of fourteen suddenly disappears, setting up a battle between the remaining town residents and the students from a local private school, as well as those who have "The Power" and are able to perform supernatural feats and those who do not.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,257,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible