Night of the Gargoyles by Eve Bunting

Night of the Gargoyles

by Eve Bunting, David Wiesner (Illustrator)

2201452,892 (3.81)2

My sister recently moved, and I went over to help her get her new place set up. She had left me one of the best jobs, setting up her library for her. While I was organizing her books, I discovered this slim little volume and decided that I needed to sit down to read it on the spot. The story is just a short little tale about gargoyles and their goings-on at night when the rest of the world is asleep. I thought the story cute, but what is really astounding about this book are the charcoal sketches by David Wiesner. They are just fantastic! I've included a couple of shots of my some of my favorite pages below. I'm hoping that I'll be able to find a copy of my own someday to add to my library.

tapestry100 | Jun 12, 2014 |
Wiesner illustrated with dark black and white drawings. Story is about what gargoyles get up to once night falls.
  bp0128bd | Jan 24, 2014 |
This is a poem about gargoyles with intricate and thought provoking illustrations. ( )
  HannahRevard | Sep 27, 2013 |
I've liked gargoyles since my college days, and I enjoy black and white photography and illustrations as well, so this book was right up my alley. Love David Wiesner illustrations as well, so I enjoyed this one. It isn't as light as the other Wiesners I've seen, but still interesting. ( )
  dukefan86 | May 29, 2013 |
  Phill242 | May 6, 2013 |

Eve Buntingprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wiesner, DavidIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

AR 4.1, Pts 0.5

In this stunning collaboration of two exceptional talents, the striking charcoal illustrations and nimble text reveal what happens at night when the gargoyles come to life.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:22:49 -0400)

In the middle of the night, the gargoyles that adorn the walls of a museum come to life and frighten the night watchman.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,482,995 books! | Top bar: Always visible