dismiss

The Chinese Kitchen

by Deh-Ta Hsiung

Deh-Ta Hsiung introduces and describes over 100 ingredients in great detail and gives us at least two recipes for each ingredient to demonstrate its versatility.
(1) Asia (7) Asian (2) Asian food (1) book (1) C (1) China (11) Chinese (12) Chinese cooking (5) Chinese food (4) cookbook (7) cookbooks (3) cookery (6) cooking (11) fish (1) food (8) General (1) Graham (1) grains (1) HB (1) ingredients (3) international food (1) non-fiction (3) nuts (1) recipes (6) reference (3) seafood (1) seasonings (1) vegetables (1) verify (1)

First cook book I've read cover to cover in a long time, but this isn't just a collection of recipes so much as an explanation of everyday (and some very posh banquet) ingredients, their use, preparation and origins. I found it highly educational and exciting. ( )
  kikilon | Mar 31, 2009 |
  kikianika | Jun 19, 2006 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,998,945 books! | Top bar: Always visible