Innsirkling by Carl Frode Tiller

Innsirkling (2007)

by Carl Frode Tiller

English (3)  Norwegian (2)  Danish (1)  All languages (6)
Encircling is the first book of a trilogy by Carl Frode Tiller. I picked it up at the library and didn't like it at first, but I kept reading, and the plot lines within families and friends grabbed a hold on me. The back cover compares Tiller to Karl Ove Knausgård. Well they're both Norwegian. I read all 5 of Knausgaard's books. I liked them. Not a knock on Karl Ove, but Encircling has much more dramatic punch with tension bouncing around among characters with many surprises. The book requires the readers attention with Norwegian name, and sorting out who's who. That may be my fault 'cause I was a little lazy at the beginning. ( )
  mckall08 | Jul 18, 2018 |
Dette var bortkastet lesing. Boka fenget meg ikke i det hele tatt. Ble skuffet for å bære ærlig. ( )
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
  henriette89 | Apr 21, 2018 |
We rollen langzaam het centrum binnen, als je dit tenminste een centrum kunt noemen, een kleine rotonde met een paar huizen eromheen.

Publisher Annotation: David has lost his memory. When a newspaper ad asks his friends and family to share their memories of him, three respond: Jon, his closest friend; Silje, his teenage girlfriend; and Arvid, his estranged stepfather. Their letters reveal David?s early life in the small town of Namsos, full of teenage rebellion, the uncertainties of first love, and intense experiments in art and music. As the narrative circles ever closer to David, the letters interweave with scenes from the present day, and it becomes less and less clear what to believe. Jon?s and Silje?s adult lives have run aground on thwarted ambition and failed intimacy, and Arvid has had a lonely struggle with cancer. Each has suspect motives for writing, and soon a contradictory picture of David emerges. Whose remembrance of him is right? Or do they all hold some fragment of the truth? (Original), 336pp.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,631,921 books! | Top bar: Always visible