Superman: Redemption by Kurt Busiek

I'm not the greatest fan of religion in my comics. It makes the comics too real, and usually it makes the stories wayy too serious.

This TPB is about an apparently budding hero, Redemption, who seems to be more powerful if more people believe in him. He's also a meta who doesn't have full control of his powers. That gives the story an interesting look, since he's not some insane genius bad guy. And for the most part I liked how they used Redemption. Just wish it hadn't been quite such a religious TPB.

Then there was the final issue in the collection. I thought that the art in that issue was just utterly horrendous, and it took me starting it twice before I could read it all the way through. ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 23, 2014 |

Kurt Busiekprimary authorall editionscalculated
Nicieza, FabianWritermain authorall editionsconfirmed
Simonson, WalterIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Superman faces a crisis brought on by Redemption, a new superhero whose divine powers are challenging Superman's faith in humanity and in himself. In three tales, the Man of Steel's journey of discovery will take him from his childhood home in Smallville to Suicide Slum in Metropolis to a Kryptonian underworld. Can Superman resist the temptations of power and sin or will he be in need of some redemption himself?.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,081 books! | Top bar: Always visible