Below the Surface by Karen Harper

Below the Surface

by Karen Harper

Not the best book, but not the worst, either. The Mira imprint does some good authors, but I wasn't impressed with this one.

The premise is pretty interesting - you come up from scuba diving & the dive boat your twin sister was piloting is gone. You're left alone at sea with a storm coming up & sharks coming around. What'll happen next?

Good premise that was sadly poorly realized. I didn't much believe in the romance between our heroine & her knight in shining armor. I didn't much believe in any of the characters, really. It's all sort of perfunctory in a written-from-a-template romance novel sort of way. I did finish it, though & I did read to the end because I wanted to find out whodunit & why. I won't read another of these, however. ( )
  kraaivrouw | Aug 17, 2009 |
There are a host of characters with plausible reasons to kill the main character's twin. The ending is a surprise, but makes sense. The plot and backstories are interesting, and the characters are really well developed. Overall, I thought it was a good suspense/mystery. ( )
  snakeywhite | Mar 10, 2008 |
This story about twin sisters who own a search and salvage shop in FL and get caught in a storm and one sister goes missing. There are quite a few characters in this story and several times I thought I figured out who it was that was causing so much trouble but then the plot would change.
  DunnFunKat | Jan 14, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778324966, Mass Market Paperback)

She surfaced from the depths of the sea… and was terrifyingly, inexplicably alone

Briana Devon knows her twin sister would never deliberately leave her—but when she emerges from underwater, Daria and their boat have vanished. Fighting rough waves and a fast-approaching storm, Bree doesn't have time to question:

if she wants to survive, she has to swim.

Exhausted and terrified, Bree barely makes it to a tiny barrier island, where Cole De Roca, who has also taken shelter, revives her. Bound to Cole by the harrowing experience, she turns to him as she struggles to understand what happened to her sister. What was her twin, whom she thought she knew so well, hiding? What really transpired that terrible afternoon? And what secrets lie dormant…below the surface?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:41 -0400)

Diver Briana Devon knows her twin sister would never deliberately leave her, but when she emerges from underwater, Darla and their boat have vanished. Fighting rough waves and a fast-approaching storm, Bree barely makes it to a tiny barrier island, where Cole De Roca, who has also taken shelter, revives her.--Ingram.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,445,465 books! | Top bar: Always visible