Sizzling by Susan Mallery

Sizzling

by Susan Mallery

Sizzling by Susan Mallery
Reid Buchannan is the star in this series of books.
He had adored woman his whole life, always had a new woman every night of the week. He loved playing the field.
He's out of the baseball field now and runs one of the companies food businesses.
Laurie is a therapist and is going to take care of Gloria Buchannan. She is a problem patient, nothing is going right, she complains about everything.
She's talked to the grandmother of the family and is helping her get better after her heart attack. She's got her being nice to the rest of the family
and others can see the major difference in her.
He's getting a bad rep from others on the radio, tv and magazines and tabloids. He takes it upon himself to donate sports equipment to those in need without others knowing his name.
Reid and Laurie hooked up and things heat up a lot.
Also the other family members we get to visit with again as their paths cross.
Love how the whole family comes together with the need is upon them. ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
Lori Johnston agrees to be Gloria Buchanan's day nurse, but doesn't realise that Gloria's playboy ex-ball player grandson Reid will be moving in as well. Sparks fly. ( )
  Elishibai | Jul 13, 2010 |
Read, great story will read the others in the series. ( )
  seasaw432 | Jun 22, 2010 |
I love Susan Mallery's books. They are so freakin' funny. But that's my opinion offcourse.

I think that this book can be better, BUT i totally love it!. ( )
  BitterSweetDazzle | Feb 3, 2010 |
The Buchanans are a family of restaurateurs in Seattle. The family is comprised of three brothers; Cal (from Delicious), Walker (from Irresistible), and Reid, half-sister Dani, and their mean evil grandmother, Gloria. This is Reid's book and I was looking forward to the continuation of the series, but I was a bit disappointed with it. Reid is an ex-baseball player who runs a sports bar. He's rich, handsome and thinks he's God's gift to women. I usual like stories where the hero who is a womanizer/slut/playboy type and the heroine is a strong woman that doesn't take any of his crap, but I never felt an emotional connection between Reid and Lori for most of the book. Reid came across as very shallow and self-absorbed and I didn't like him much. I did enjoy the embarrassment that a former girlfriend causes him by writing an article about his lack sexual prowess. Took him down a peg. But Reid does care about his grandmother. She is injured in a fall in the last book and now is ready to come home from the hospital, but she still needs nursing care. So Reid hires a nurse, Lori, to care for her in his home. Of course, Lori has an instant attraction to him but thinks he will never notice her.

Gloria has been a bad tempered tyrant in the previous books and now that she is sick and depends on others to take of her I thought she would mellow out a bit, but no such luck. She's still a mean old bitch and I never sympathized with her for an instant. Lori was convinced that she was just lonely, but I wasn't buying it. I couldn't stand the witch. But Reid cared about her so I give him points for that.

The plot was rather thin and I didn't like the characters much so I was about ready to give up on it, but somewhere past the halfway point I started liking Reid, Lori and Gloria more so I finished it. I ended up liking it a little bit more than Irresistible but not as much as Delicious. Now I can't decide if I will read the next book (Dani's story) Tempting. (Grade: B-) ( )
  reneebooks | Sep 6, 2009 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373771762, Mass Market Paperback)

Reid Buchanan was always a fan favorite on the baseball diamond. But between the sheets?

A spiteful article about the former pitcher and current playboy questions his talent in the bedroom. And the newspaper's just the first bad news. Reid's grandmother Gloria's broken hip means she needs constant care -- but Reid hired Nurses 1 and 2 for their bedside manner with him. So for Number 3 he chooses Lori Johnson, the first candidate who seems immune to his brand of charm.

Lori's never wasted her time with amoebas like Reid Buchanan. So why are her well-fortified defenses starting to crumble under the force of his sexy smile -- and the kindness he shows her at every turn? There's only one explanation for the feelings flaring between them -- chemistry. Chemistry so hot, it's sizzling!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:30 -0400)

Born with a silver spoon in his mouth, Reid Buchanan, a former pro baseball pitcher and current owner of his family's sports bar, has a history of making women swoon. But not all women--especially his grandmother's nurse, Lori Johnson, who is determined to remain professional.… (more)

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,746,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible