Tempting by Susan Mallery

Tempting

by Susan Mallery

"3.5 out of 5 stars! I have yet to read the other Buchanan books ... they might be good yet I'm not sure if I'll get to them or not. *shrug* I definitely liked this book though. It keeps you on your toes ... with humor and heart."

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2009/12/this-love-is-difficult-but-its... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
tempting by susan mallery
Dani Buchannan knows the truth now and she goes to talk to her real father.
Mark Canfield, a Senator running for President is her real father.
Alex is Mark's adopted son, known as Dragon Boy, and he puts himself in between anyone and Mark. Mark and Katherine have adopted their children, they all
have a disability.
Walker is back from the war and with Gloria being disabled for a bit he's running the empire.
He's found the love of his life and she wants Danni to be a bridesmaid in their wedding.
As she tries to blend in with the rest of Mark's family, his wife has opened her arms to her, reluctantly.
Alex's ex wife, Fiona wants him back-she just wanted the money and name that went with the man so she had cheated on him.
Fiona tells Dani some things and shows her pictures and that leaves Dani reeling.
She's also been offered the opportunity of a lifetime, decisions, decisions... ( )
  jbarr5 | Jul 25, 2013 |
I just love Susan Mallery's writing. Her books are such an easy read and very easy for you to get lost in. I started this book yesterday and did not stop till I finished it at 2am. I really liked this book and loved Dani and Alex. So far none of her books have let me down :-) ( )
  DamarisGCR | Mar 15, 2012 |
  DamarisGCR | Nov 18, 2011 |
This is a great book. I haven't read the previous Buchanan books, but this one stands perfectly well on its own. The plot is perfectly constructed, deceptively simple yet never boring.And all the characters are fun to read. Best of all, the chemistry between the two main characters, Dani and Alex, is convincing and highly entertaining. The attraction between these two comes alive off of the page and, despite their relatively brief acquaintance, you can really see them fall for each other as the pages progress.

Of course, there's much more going on than just the romance between Dani and Alex. There's several relationships portrayed here, romantic and familial, and each one is wonderful story in itself. I particularly enjoyed reading about Alex's mother, Katherine, who is a very well-developed character. Her emotions, above all others, come across in a rich way.

Susan Mallery just may be a new favorite, if all her books are as delightful as this one. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Nov 1, 2010 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373772106, Mass Market Paperback)

After three romantic flame-outs in a year and a restaurant career going nowhere, Dani Buchanan needs a fresh start. She goes looking for her biological father, but never expects to find a senator running for president. As his long-lost 'love child,' Dani could seriously derail the election— something his handsome campaign manager Alex Canfield isn't going to let happen. Dani isn't about to let Alex run her life, no matter how tempting she finds him—and Alex isn't going to allow Dani to melt his cynicism, no matter how close he has to get. The last thing either of them wants is love, especially with scandals brewing and family trouble on the way. But Dani and Alex are forced to trust each other, and when trust turns to passion, the potential for disaster is only a tabloid scandal away.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:28 -0400)

When Dani Buchanan goes looking for her biological father, she never expects to find a senator running for president. As his long-lost "love child," Dani could seriously derail the election--something his handsome campaign manager Alex Canfield isn't going to let happen.… (more)

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,121 books! | Top bar: Always visible