The Marcelli Princess by Susan Mallery

The Marcelli Princess

by Susan Mallery

I'm so glad I was one of those readers and fan of Susan's Mallery who asked for Mia's story and I wasn't disappointed! I loved the Marcelli series and Mia's story was no exception. It was delightful, entertaining, shed a few tears. However, what I most loved about this book was it brought out Susan Mallery's charm and sense of humor!

Mia plus her sisters taking on a crown Prince? If you've read the series, then one would appreciate this aspect and the family dynamics. That's the appeal of the series and this particular book.......Mia, her son, the crown prince and the Marcelli family.

As for lessons, there are many to be learned like what's important in life, what does love really mean to a person? What can respect, love and determination bring into a relationship? Not to mention, family values, traditions and holding each member close and dear to each of them.

The book for me was a wonderful ending. I thought Mia was strong, fierce, determined and passionate. As for Crown Prince Rafael, he was brought to his knees by Mia and her family! Loved it!

Again, Susan Mallery has delivered a wonderful story and series and one I shall long remember! Thank you Susan. ( )
  MarilynS | Dec 7, 2007 |
I really didn't enjoy this installment in the Marcelli series.

Look, if some guy, no matter how hot, has been plotting to steal your son away from you to another country, where you'll only be able to see him a couple of weeks a year, you're NOT going to forgive him in a matter of days or weeks.

It would take a good, long time, and lots and lots of repentance and tangible evidence of reformation before you'd let him anywhere near your son, much less in your bed.

Even more unrealistic than most romance novels. I think I only gave it two stars because I've read so MUCH WORSE recently. ( )
  samantha | May 30, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743499581, Mass Market Paperback)

A smart, independent woman with a gorgeous four-year-old son, Mia Marcelli lost her one true love. Four years ago, while working undercover for the CIA, she watched Diego, the father of her unborn child, perish before her very eyes -- crumbling the world around her. But one morning she awakens to find Diego lying next to her, alive and well with an unbelievable confession: he is really Rafael, Prince of Calandria, and he had been working covertly on the same mission when they met -- his death had been staged. Utterly stunned, Mia is wary and delighted -- she may have suffered a broken heart, but her breathtakingly handsome lover is back to reignite the passion that existed between them. Little does she know that Rafael has returned to give his newfound son a proper upbringing back in Calandria -- even if it means seducing Mia into marriage. But when Rafael finds himself truly falling for this luscious beauty, he must decide between his royal duties and the woman who has claimed his heart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:03 -0400)

Mia Marcelli is shocked to wake up in her California home next to the father of her four-year-old son, a man she believed had been killed. It turns out that he's not the thief she thought he was, but rather Crown Prince Rafael of Calandria. She doesn't yet know it, but he's come to claim his love child and heir-and once his son is on Calandrian soil, Mia will have no legal rights to him. Rather then deal honestly with Mia, Rafael schemes to get his son before the truth is revealed.… (more)

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,936,449 books! | Top bar: Always visible