Someone Like You by Susan Mallery

Someone Like You

by Susan Mallery

Much better than book two in the series, though it got more than a little bit silly at the end. Still, though, a cute story. ( )
  beckymmoe | Apr 3, 2013 |
This is my first Susan Mallery book. I have heard good things about her and wanted to give her a try. Her writing pulled me in right away. The cheating husband, the troubled father daughter relationships all were a little cliched for me, but it didn't take me out of the story. I found parts of it warm and funny but at times I found, some of it completely unbelievable. The whole thing with the social worker, for me, was unrealistic and the mafia story line I could have done without. All of that being said I will pick up another one of Ms. Malleries books and recommend Someone Like You to anyone who is looking to add a new contemporary author to their list. ( )
  Jaitai16 | Jul 4, 2011 |

Sometimes even a city girl needs the comfort of home ----- Jill Strathern left town for the big city and never looked back — until she returned home years later to run a small law practice. It turns out her childhood crush, Mac Kendrick, a burned-out LAPD cop, has also come back to sleepy Los Lobos. Even though Mac had rejected her back in high school, Jill can't deny the attraction she still feels for him.

Now Jill and Mac are tangled up in enough drama to satisfy the most jaded L.A. denizens — Mafia dons, social workers, angry exes and one very quirky eight-year-old can make even the simplest romance complicated. And it all goes to prove that when it comes to affairs of the heart, there's no place like home.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037377009X, Mass Market Paperback)

- Her critically acclaimed new mainstream trilogy, The Marcelli Sisters of Pleasure Road, was published by Pocket Books in September, October and November 2003.
- She is the author of over 50 contemporary and historical romances.
- This multi-award-winning author is also a Rita Award nominee.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:57 -0400)

Jill Strathern left town for the big city and never looked back--until she returned home years later to run a small law practice. It turns out her childhood crush, Mac Kendrick, a burned-out LAPD cop, has also come back to sleepy Los Lobos. Even though Mac rejected her back in high school, Jill can't deny the attraction she still feels for him. Now Jill and Mac are tangled in enough drama to satisfy the most jaded L.A. denizens--Mafia dons, social workers, angry exes and one very quirky eight-year-old make even the simplest romance complicated. And it all goes to prove that when it comes to affairs of the heart, there's no place like home. An unlikely pair...but a perfect match.… (more)

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,351,252 books! | Top bar: Always visible