Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery

Accidentally Yours (edition 2008)

by Susan Mallery

Member:readingrat
Title:Accidentally Yours
Authors:Susan Mallery
Info:HQN Books (2008), Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Tags:read, 2012, april_12

Accidentally Yours by Susan Mallery

When I started this book and found out that is was about a mother (Kerri Sullivan) who's son has a terminal disease I wasn't sure I was going to be able to read it.. because I'm a very emotion person. But I figured I would give it a shot and kept ready. I was immediately drawn in by Kerri's determination and witty remarks. She is definitely not afraid to speak her mind. She is determined to get millionaire Nathan King to donate money to the research company that is working on the cure. Kerri initially thinks it will be easy to get him to agree because his son had the disease and passed away from it. My initial reaction to Nathan was that he was the stereotypical millionaire, he doesn't care about anything. I think some of it has to do with losing a child, cause after going through something so hard why would you want to let anyone else in?

As I was reading the book I found myself laughing at the banter back and forth between Kerri and Nathan. She is so open and honest, while he is serious and very closed off. It made for some interesting conversations. I've been blessed with a healthy child, but while reading wondered if that was really how parents felt.. that if they put their own life on hold and essentially stopped living that their child would in turn be able to live.

This book was a nice balance between happy times and emotional times. I enjoyed it and look forward to reading more from this author. ( )
  Krisrich85 | Oct 8, 2013 |
Characters with different outlooks on life and personal histories make the story tug on heartstrings. The ending wraps up much too neatly and the side story with the scientist's love life is rather dull. ( )
  luvlylibrarian | Jun 27, 2013 |
What a delightful read! This was the first book by Susan Mallery I've encountered but I'll be watching for more. My heart wanted to embrace each one of the characters and hold them tight. Each was well developed and very well written. Heart wrenching story. ( )
  VirginiaGill | Jul 6, 2010 |
A really good, fun to read story. The characters are great and the plot is interesting. Best of all, Mallery writes a successful, believable romance. The interaction between the protagonists is full of chemistry and a delight to read -- great dialogue, witty bits of sass, and just enough sexual tension to keep things interesting. ( )
  TheBooknerd | Mar 24, 2010 |
good ( )
  librariangal | Oct 20, 2008 |

Susan Malleryprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Plummer, ThereseReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Alberter, BarbaraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Single mom Kerri Sullivan will do anything to get the funding for the research that could save her nine-year-old son, Cody from deadly Gilliar's Disease, even if it means accosting billionaire Nathan King, while he is having lunch. Nathan had lost his own son Daniel to the disease six years ago. Dr. Abram Wallace had been making great strides in the research for the disease, when there had been an explosion in the lab killing three scientists, four members of the cleaning crew and two security guards. The lab was shut down and a lot of employees were laid off. The small town of Songwood, Washington was slowly dying too. Now only Dr. Wallace and his assistant were working on the cure. Kerri begs Nathan to give the fifteen million dollars that Dr. Wallace said that he would needs to reopen the lab. Nathan refuses to give the money for the research.

Kerri has a way to blackmail Nathan that he will not be able to refuse the money for the research. Nathan was in need of a more favorable image in the news to get the permits for the zoning and funding that he needs for his newest construction site. Nathan will give the money to Dr. Wallace in exchange for Kerri and Cody going out with Nathan so he will be see in a more favorable light by the press. Nathan has a reporter that had been reporting anything that would trash Nathan's character. Will the reporter find out about the deal that Nathan and Kerri had made?

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037377205X, Mass Market Paperback)

WANTED:

Single mom seeks billionaire's pocketbook to fund dying son's research cure. Will seduce if necessary. Blackmail is not out of the question. Miracles welcome.

Cynical billionaire seeks working mom with a heart of gold for PR campaign to improve his standing in the community. Must be willing to attend social events. Anyone looking for love, need not apply.

It seemed like the perfect match...until the unthinkable happened.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:38:40 -0400)

When wealthy developer Nathan King refuses to fund research that could prolong her young son's life, vivacious single mother Kerri Sullivan, who will not take no for an answer, will stop at nothing to change his mind.

Susan Mallery is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 93,497,826 books! | Top bar: Always visible