As I remember by William Hodsdon Bulloch

As I remember

by William Hodsdon Bulloch

113,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byGoyodelaRosa

Memoirs of a well-loved priest, now deceased, from the Diocese of Victoria, telling of how he came 'from a privilged childhood through the turmoil of his teen years and the interruption of his education caused by his mother's second marriage, to his discovery of a faith within the Roman Catholic church.' Printed and bound by Morris Printing Company of Victoria, B. C.in 1998, this 167 page paperback was self-published by the author before his death, and contains numerous black and white photographs throughout, including one showing a diploma in Latin that Monsignor Bulloch received from Pope Paul VI naming him a Prelate of Honour in 1977.
Dedicated to 'my bishop, the Most Reverend Remi J. De Roo, S.T. D. as a mark of my esteem and respect,' it has a Forward by the latter, and an Epilogue by the esteemed francophone historian, Dr. Gerald Ricard.
I remember Father Bulloch was a very exuberant singer, and had a keen interest in the 11:00 am. choir at Saint Andrew's Cathedral. He encouraged me in my singing career at the cathedral, such as it was, once arranging to have me sing for the then Governor General of Canada, General Georges Vanier. I recall singing 'Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring' for this worthy under the watchful eye of Monsignor who may even have been at the organ on the occasion.
There is a full colour photograph of Monsignor William Hodson Bulloch on the cover of the book, smirking in the very mischievous manner that only he could get away with doing.
  GoyodelaRosa | Jan 6, 2008 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,832,477 books! | Top bar: Always visible