Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly)…

Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels

by Toni McGee Causey

English (29)  All (1)  All (30)
4.5 stars-
It all started with a bank robbery, a dead jeweler, and a sniper. Sounds like a lot right ? No, not for Bobbie Faye that is a slow morning, easy breezy. I enjoy the heck out of her. This girl is like two tornados dancing during a hurricane. She get's shot at, hit, kidnapped *a lot*, accused of crimes, turned blue and she still get's up and kicks the butt that needs it. Can she handle weapons, heck yeah, she can throw a knife and shoot better then most. She has skills, stands by her family, loves a good chili dog, and a sense of humor. What's not to love about her ? She goes in my top ten women characters I enjoy following.
Let's talk men, yes, there is a triangle of love. One damaged semi lost love (Cam)and one fresh, new, untested love (Trevor). Both men are sexy, tall, macho, men of service who spend time measuring each other up but not at the cost of Bobbie Faye, she comes first to both of them. Nice to see in a book right ? Cam is a hard core follow the rules kind of guy, which cost him the girl. Trevor is a break the rules, smash them, fix them to make them fit kind of guy. Both are such great guys it's hard to be on one team, but I lean towards Trevor. Why ? Cam lacked the communication gene when he needed it. That's all I got.
So the tale here has Bobbie Faye being accused of heinous crimes. Then she is kidnapped, told to find something, not to find something, to find something. it's a cluster of fun. Wait somebody is shooting at her, they want her dead. Trevor is watching from the shadows, undercover his part becomes very involved. He covertly sneaks in little touches, whispers and protects her. Cam, is on the side of the law, she look guilty, there is proof that she is. Meanwhile, things are burring, blowing up, ugly truths are being uncovered. Bobbie Faye learns how much her friends and family believe in her. She also faces a love that may be the one. Impossible unending action, intrigue, backstabbing, voodoo, steamy satisfying mattress dancing, hot hunky men, nasty baddies- it has it all.
I'm off to order the next book ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
I like the Bobbie Faye series, even though it's got some drawbacks. I think Contraband Queen bit is a little overplayed, and the friend with the magic shop's storyline is usually something I skim over, but for the most part, these books are great. They're funny; they've got competing drool-worthy guys & wacky best friends with access to whips; and Bobbie Faye herself who can't seem to catch a break and wades into bad luck like it's the local swimming hole. Her adventures are fast paced and extreme, and they make me chuckle, so I'll catch up with the next book when I see it at the bookstore, for sure. ( )
  NTE | Sep 20, 2013 |
this is a very fun series. I little far fetched in moments, but even then, it's just crazy fun, you buy into it a little. I read this months ago, and like some other books I forget to check it off my list. Well worth your time to explore this series, if your not coming into it with high brow standards. ( )
  Kace | Jan 30, 2010 |
Bobbie Faye is back and if she wasn't having a bad hair day, it just wouldn't be Louisiana, now would it? Against her better judgment - well, it's family after all - Bobbie Faye's agreed to help her cousin Francesca. A bad case of mistaken identity, the mob, a gun-running ex-boyfriend and Bobie Faye's usual luck is in - for the reader, that is. Enjoy! ( )
  SunnySD | Jan 3, 2010 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I just discovered the genre. It's just not my genre: kind of like a graphic novel without the pictures. The characters are bi- dimensional, everything is over the top, as is the protagonist. Southern mystery chick lit, apparently. ( )
  crnfva | Jul 25, 2009 |

Praise for Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day

“Causey doesn't miss a beat in this wonderful, wacky celebration of Southern eccentricity.”--Publisher’s Weekly, starred review

“It's about time women had an Amazon to look up to… Bobbie Faye is a hurricane-force heroine who makes this novel the perfect adventure yarn.”-- The Tampa Tribune

“If you like Janet Evanovich, if you're looking for a lot of unlikely action (when is the last time someone you know escaped a burning boat by lassoing an oil rig?), or if you're simply having a bad day, go out and find Bobbie Faye. She's an outrageous hoot.”--The New Orleans Times-Picayune

"Bobbie Faye, Southern, eloquent, kick-ass, highly accomplished and just plain nuts, is a magnet for the most colorful collection of riff-raff and the most sexually compelling males south of Minneapolis. Throw in an unlikely MacGuffin and you've got a very, (very, very, very) entertaining book."--Harley Jane Kozak, Agatha, Anthony, and Macavity award-winning author of Dating Dead Men

It had been a whole freaking month since Bobbie Faye Sumrall had blown up anything or been shot at, and that was almost a new record. Then her diva cousin Francesca waltzed up to where she manned the gun counter in Ce Ce's Cajun Outfitter and Feng Shui Emporium and everything just went to hell. Fast.

Francesca's mom has disappeared with exceptionally valuable diamonds swiped from Francesca's dad (difficult marriage) so of course Francesca broadcast to every insane psycho that Bobbie Faye could recover the ersatz family jewels.

Accused of one man’s murder, Bobbie Faye’s on the run as an unintentional Pied Piper to a rabid band of thieves. She has to find the diamonds, figure out the motives of the dead sexy FBI agent who's pressing her for more than just the jewels, all while racing to side-step her steamy (and steamed) detective ex-boyfriend before the deadline arrives and the diamonds disappear.

Bobbie Faye Sumrall is back in fighting form in this second installment of crazy, wacky adventure through Cajun country.

Toni McGee Causey lives in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. She and her husband, Carl, are licensed general contractors and, in order to support her writing addition, they run their own company, specializing in civil construction.  You can visit Toni and Bobbie Faye at: www.bobbiefaye.com.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:23:53 -0400)

When her diva cousin Francesca enlists her assistance in locating some missing diamonds, Louisiana heroine Bobbie Faye Sumrall finds herself accused of murder, on the run through Louisiana from a gang of thieves in search of the stolen jewels.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Toni McGee Causey's book Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,931,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible