The Ghost Mirror by Jamieson Wolf

The Ghost Mirror (2007)

by Jamieson Wolf

821,035,133 (4)None

Mave's parents don't like her. In fact they act as if she doesn't exist. Her Grandmother is the only person who truly cares for Mave. Shortly after going to live with her Grandmother Mave learns things. She learns about ghosts, witches and magic. While trying to find her ghost friend who is sucked into the mirror in her Grandmother's attic, Mave is drawn into a new world. In this world Mave learns that everyone has some magic and some will do anything to get it.

Through Mave we enter a world of magic. We watch a young girl meet her very first friend and discover she has more power in herself then she ever imagined. We watch as she stares evil power in the face and tries to stop it, all in hopes of getting back to the one person in the world who truly loves her.

A very enjoyable and easy read. With wonderful character set up, and easy dialgogue the book Ghost Mirror was a very easy read. The author's writing style has a nice flow. I look forward to reading the next book in young Mave's life.

I won this e-book in the Member Giveaway. Thank you for the oppritunity.
  varxint | Mar 2, 2010 |
Mr. Jamison designed a fascinating world for his book. Sure, it borrows from here and there but what doesn't?

Mave's parents didn't really want children, especially one that was different. They ignored her and went on their
way traveling and going to parties leaving her to fend for herself. Finally her grandmother comes to rescue her and
takes Mave home to live in her spirit filled home. Mave is told to ignore the ghosts or they would get her into trouble. Therein lies the story of a girl who's best friend is a ghost, the wicked Mr. Lavender who wants to take over the world, and all the secrets within the mirror.

I got this ebook from the Member Giveaway program at LibraryThing. ( )
  glitrbug | Feb 6, 2010 |
8/10

Given ebook copy by Jamieson Wolf via Librarything.com

This was an adventurous and delightful novel. I have completed The Ghost Mirror in the same day. I really liked Mave and the grandmothers character.

This is the first novel I read from Jamieson Wolf, and I will be looking forward for the next novel in the series :)

A great novel for kids in their teens and up.
added by petit_canard25 | editMe, Lissa (Jan 4, 2010)

To Robert
Who inspires my dreams...
Mr. Lavender looked down at the body that rested at his feet with some trepidation.

From Amazon -

After being neglected by her parents for thirteen years, going to live with her Grandmother is like a breath of fresh air. At her Grandmother's, she is not shunned or ignored; instead she is loved for what she is. The Last Witch. Following one of the Ghosts that inhabit her Grandmother's house, Mave steps through The Ghost Mirror into a world that is hauntingly like her own. The Town of Elements has many surprises; foremost being the magic that surges through Mave. Another: that something dark is hunting for her. Mr. Lavender, an eater of souls, knows what Mave is and wants her soul for his own. Mave must learn to use her Magic if she is to succeed. There is more than her life at stake however: If she fails, the entire fabric of Magic will unravel, destroying The Town of Elements and her own world. Mave must fight with all the power she has, if she wants to stay alive. . .

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Jamieson Wolf's book The Ghost Mirror was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Jamieson Wolf is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,885,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible