What's Up, Duck: A Book of Opposites by Tad…

What's Up, Duck: A Book of Opposites

by Tad Hills

This book is so simple with the words that are huge. It shows opposites on each page. I feel like this book would be more appreciate for preschoolers. ( )
  Miriahharrison | Feb 27, 2017 |
This is a fun book and is very well-written. I love how creative the author was and how they showed that we are all similar even though we are different. If that makes sense... ( )
  zcurlach | Dec 10, 2016 |
This board book features a variety of opposites on each spread. There's no story or plot, just one-word descriptions per page. It's pretty basic, but it's a good introduction to opposites pairs for the very young who are just learning these concepts. The illustrations on each page do a good job of portraying the meaning behind each opposites pairs. Some of them, however, may need a little something added from the adult reader to make them more obvious - for instance, I ad-libbed a noisy "quack quack" and a whispered "quack quack" for loud and quiet. The toddlers in my class really liked to do their own loud and whispered quacks and enjoyed this book overall, coming back to look it over and over again throughout the week we learned about opposites. ( )
1 vote sweetiegherkin | Mar 21, 2014 |
A fun concept book that features duck and goose. We have fun reading aloud and emphasizing the contrasting concepts such as loud and quiet, near and far, and happy and sad. Good for a preschooler/ early reader. ( )
  jordan70 | Mar 17, 2014 |
Cute and simple for a 3 year old! ( )
  lmeza | Feb 6, 2014 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0375847383, Board book)

Little siblings of Duck and Goose fans rejoice! The stars of the bestselling Duck & Goose and Duck, Duck, Goose return in this board book for preschoolers, this time, to introduce basic opposites. In this ALA-ALSC Notable Children's Book, Goose carries an oh-so-heavy log, while duck easily balances a light-as-a-feather feather. Thistle is one fast bird, but Goose is slooo-w. And when Duck is sound asleep, Goose is wide awake. With a simple text and colorful illustrations–plus the inimitable characters, of course–here’s a wonderful, and humorous, introduction to an important concept.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:59 -0400)

Duck and Goose are best friends, but they have qualities and often do things that are the opposite of each other.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,811 books! | Top bar: Always visible