Charlie Small 1: Gorilla City by Charlie…

No one knows the full story of Charlie Small. At least, not yet. His battered journal was found washed up on a remote, windswept shore. And at first we thought it an elaborate hoax. Surely no eight-year-old could have had so many wild adventures, witnessed so many extraordinary things, lived such an incredible life - and still only be eight. And yet ...there was something so vivid in the telling, that we were persuaded, just enough, to send the journal and some of its boggling content for analysis. The results were absolutely astonishing. And only one conclusion could be drawn. Everything in the journal of Charlie Small is true. He really has wrestled a deadly river croc, ridden a steam-powered rhino, been cabin boy for a band of desperate lady-pirates and tribal chief in a city of gorillas. And countless other things besides. And ...not only that ...even though Charlie Small is only eight, he must have lived for over six hundred years! It's possible that he's still out there, somewhere. Having even more incredible adventures in some remote part of the world. In fact ...word has recently reached us of a second journal, found encased in ice, high in the Himalayas. If we can get the pages thawed, and its authenticity can be verified, we plan to publish that account, too. So ...if you ever come across a curious-looking diary, filled with astounding adventures, or a boy who seems to have lost his way, but is a dab hand with a cutlass, please do contact us. We're eager for more. And we know the world will be, too.
  StEdwardsCollege | Mar 1, 2011 |
Charlie Small is a computer-game-playing, not-cleaning-his-room, has-fun-exploring-outside eight-year-old boy living by Lancashire, England. One day, he decides to pick up his backpack and explore once more. When he paddles down the river on his raft, he encounters a crocodile. After the fight, he realizes he doesn’t know where he is! He meets a friendly, mechanical rhino, almost gets eaten by hungry hyenas, attacked by a giant, poisonous snake, and becomes the king of a gorilla city. All the while, collecting evidence to prove his story when he arrives home and recording his many adventures in his journal, which washes up later on the banks of river Wyre.

The First Amazing, Astonishing, Incredible, and True Adventures of Me, Charlie Small: Gorilla City was a fun quick read that gave me a brake from all of those long, slow-moving novels. The whole time I was reading it, I had a cartoon playing in my head, which made me realize that it actually would be a fun cartoon to watch on television! You can tell that it was written for younger children, but I think some may have trouble following the storyline. I recommend it to all young, adventurous boys who love the outdoors, for they might enjoy it the most. Charlie has a wonderful sense of humor any young boy would recognize. ( )
  GirlwiththeBraids | Oct 18, 2008 |
Purports to be the journal of an eight-year-old boy explorer who has, miraculously, lived for over four hundred years, travelling the earth, fighting giant crocodiles, learning to speak with gorillas, and trying to find a way to return home ( )
  prkcs | Jul 7, 2008 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 037584970X, Paperback)

No one knows the full story of Charlie Small. At least, not yet. His battered journal was found washed up on a remote, windswept shore. And at first we thought it an elaborate hoax. Surely no 8-year-old could have had so many wild adventures, witnessed so many extraordinary things, lived such an incredible life–and still only be eight. And yet . . . there was something so vivid in the telling that we were persuaded to send the journal and some of its boggling content for analysis. And only one conclusion could be drawn. Everything in the journal of Charlie Small is true! In his first adventure, Gorilla City, Charlie wrestles a deadly river croc, rides a steam-powered rhino, and becomes tribal chief in a city of gorillas.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:53 -0400)

Purports to be the journal of an eight-year-old boy explorer who has, miraculously, lived for over four hundred years, travelling the earth, fighting giant crocodiles, learning to speak with gorillas, and trying to find a way to return home.

5 avail.1 pay

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,604,538 books! | Top bar: Always visible