Overload by Linda Howard

Overload

by Linda Howard

This was nothing like what I've come to expect of Linda Howard. This short novella had a boring plot, no character development, and no suspense. We meet a pushy, overbearing hero and a wishy-washy heroine just as they are stuck in an office building after a city-wide blackout. That's about it. I'm slowly losing my taste for contemporary romance, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but usually the character dialogue is witty enough to keep me reading. Overload just didn't have anything that stood out in a good way. I couldn't bring myself to care one bit about the characters.

I should've passed on this one. In the future, I'll stick to Howard's more popular romantic suspense work. Gave it an extra star for narrator. She did a good job. ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
I'm not sure I believed the hero changed enough to make the heroine comfortable at the end. His revelation about his past wasn't really enough to make up for scaring her to death with his overbearing ways.

cranberrytarts | Sep 22, 2013 |
It was hot, even for Dallas.

Blackout! The entire Southeast was without power ~ but there was still more than enough electricity between Elizabeth Major and Tom Quinlan! They were stranded together in a Dallas high rise for the duration ~ and setting off enough sparks to light up the darkest night.

Elizabeth Major couldn't believe it when a blackout had her spending a sultry summer night in an elevator with Tom Quinlan, the man she'd once loved with all her heart - the lover, she quickly discovered, who could still make her lose control.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,633 books! | Top bar: Always visible