Never Say Diet: Make Five Decisions and…

Never Say Diet: Make Five Decisions and Break the Fat Habit for Good

by Chantel Hobbs

Perfect for : Personal Use, Note: there is a journal-type book that can be used together with this during your 16 week training period.

In a nutshell: So many people have the desire to lose a lot of weight in a short amount of time, which is why we are introduced to fad diets and counting calories! Have you ever wondered why diets don't generally work? Because they are addressing a symptom, not the cause. This book helps to address the lifestyle choices (body, mind and spirit) we make on a day-to-day basis, helping us to make better choices for our health. Chantel talks about the importance of exercising consistently, and monitoring your progress less in terms of weight-loss and more in terms of working out longer, harder, etc. Once you start exercising, you begin to address eating habits. She has a great message, and adds to it that God has given us each the power to accomplish what we set our minds and hearts to. She also provides a 16-week plan to accomplish weight-loss goals, stressing the importance of consistency. She includes tips and actual exercises throughout the book. This is a wonderfully inspirational story of a woman who has lost a lot of weight, and she was nice enough to share her knowledge with readers.

Extended Review:
Content: The book starts off with a great introduction where Chantel takes away the ability to use excuses! Without excuses, we are free to begin addressing the main issues. She then goes on to talk about the difference between dieting and making a lifestyle change, adding that it is more important to keep making progress rather than focusing on how fast you are making progress. Next comes the importance of consistency in an exercise program and an actual 16-week program.

Format: The author gets rid of excuses right away, then reinforces the difference between a diet and a lifestyle change, and gives the reader a good plan and personal examples throughout the book. She also provides some tips in highlighted boxes throughout the book.

Readability: Very easy to read with plenty of personal examples and encouragement. The exercises are shown with clear pictures that help the reader easily understand how to do them.

Overall: A wonderfully encouraging book that will help you to make some important life changes. ( )
  wbarker | Sep 10, 2009 |
Half memoir, half how-to book, "Never Say Diet" is the story of how Chantel lost 200 lbs. by following her 5-decision plan, and by changing her thinking.

Chantel now runs marathons and teaches spinning classes.

I loved the bits about changing your thinking, but hated that Chantel still recommends cutting out certain foods, and gives a "Bad Foods" list.

Rated: B ( )
  mizbooks | Jan 17, 2009 |
I thought this was well done. She approaches it honestly and with the right attitude and information. This has to be a mental change as much as anything and until you are ready to do it, just searching for quick fixes like diets won't help.
I thought she did a good job of weaving her story in and using it to provide motivation. I admit, if a 260 pound woman can do a spinning class, I certainly feel like I have no right to be afraid of it. ( )
  lauranav | Jan 6, 2009 |
Makes weightloss seem easy, too easy. It isn't.
  librarianmizm | Sep 22, 2008 |

Author Hobbs lost 200 pounds without the help of surgery, pills, point systems, or a trendy diet. Just as important, she kept the weight off. Her dramatic turnaround began with five decisions--personal, no-excuses commitments that kept her from losing sight of her goals. It worked for Chantel and it will work for you. Once you unconditionally change your mind your body will follow, and your life will never be the same. This book will show you: how to move beyond past failures and get over your old excuses; how changing your eating patterns can break food's hold over you; why winning the weight-loss battle must come from the inside out; why the diet industry wants you to keep coming back; the simple workouts that deliver lasting results and are fun to do; and how to overcome the naysayers, the diet police, and your own nagging doubts.--From publisher description.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,084,558 books! | Top bar: Always visible