Desert Danger (My Story) by Jim Eldridge

Desert Danger (My Story)

by Jim Eldridge

503233,859 (4)2

I enjoyed this book and I highly recommend it for 8 to 14 yrs who are interested in world war 2 , the my story series and a good historical fiction. ( )
  nedor | Feb 8, 2015 |
This entire series is a wonderful way to learn history or teach it to adolescents. I find today's generations seem to recall more when they learn through other people (pop songs, celebrity gossip, etc.), so what better way to teach history than through someone else's perspective? Yes, "authentic" diaries would be "better", but would the language really hold the modern student's attention? Did the diary writer know what WOULD be important in the context of history? Probably not.
  benuathanasia | Sep 5, 2012 |
A brief memoir of life in Battle of Britain London followed by induction into the Royal Engineers to learn that Sappers dug trenches and disarmed mines. Jackson eventually reaches Egypt and then the front at El Alamein where he becomes part of the British 8th Army facing General Rommel's Afrikan Corps. This was the first book in which the laying of mines and the removal of mines was explained. Sappers opened paths through mine fields while under fire by crawling in front of their tanks and infantry with mine detectors to find and removing the mines. Hazardous work indeed. ( )
  lamour | Feb 8, 2010 |

A young soldier in North Africa during the Second World War recounts the events of a mine-clearing operation in which one of his colleagues is severely injured.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,160 books! | Top bar: Always visible