How Not to Look Old: Fast and Effortless…

How Not to Look Old: Fast and Effortless Ways to Look 10 Years Younger, 10…

by Charla Krupp

markers on pp 63, 64, 65, 66, 68, 69, 75 which is as far as I read
  jhawn | Jul 31, 2017 |
Darn practical! This low-maintenance gal will soon be trying out some of her ideas. ( )
  Salsabrarian | Feb 2, 2016 |
What a wonderful surprise this book turned out to be! I did not request it, but I'm so glad to have received it. (Is someone trying to tell me something?!?) Anyway, I've been reading a little bit here and a little bit there, and have absorbed all sorts of fun little facts and ideas along the way. It is overflowing with fantastic ideas that can fit everybody's financial situation and to top it all off - it was simply a fun book to read!

Charla has a down-to-earth, matter-of-fact manner of speaking that can help any woman feel better and look better. She often uses herself as an example, but also points out well-known celebrities. Most of the tips are geared towards 40 - 60 year olds, but there are plenty examples and suggestions for those women in their 30s to maintain or ward off some of the natural aging process. It's definitely a book that I will keep as a treasured reference to assist me in not looking old. :)

Originally posted on: Thoughts of Joy ( )
  ThoughtsofJoyLibrary | Jul 4, 2012 |
Is your style & beauty regimen Y&H (young and hip) or OL (Old Lady)? Are you high, medium, or low maintenance? Find the answers to these burning questions between the covers of "How Not to Look Old....." This book is a little "prissy" for my taste. So, why did I even check it out? That's easy, I DON"T want to look old.
The book did a good job of listing beauty products from makeup to clothing & shoes in all price ranges and availability (i.e. Walmart, Walgreens). Since the books been out since 2008, some of the products listed may be discontinued.
Overall this is not a bad book, just frivolous but if you are looking to liven up your beauty routine, give this book a try. ( )
  rasgraham | Aug 3, 2011 |
'So-So' took some tips out of this book but a lot of what I read was kind of a 'no brainer' like no more granny panties, don't cake your foundation, what looks good on your daughter will not on you...I mean, come on. I was looking for new ideas out of this book and just found a lot of things that most women already know. Rather insulting really. ( )
  justablondemoment | Feb 10, 2010 |
Krupp insists that her youthfulness comes from avoiding dark lipstick, granny glasses and inner-rim eyeliner — and embracing bleach, self-tanner and pink lip gloss. Oh, you didn’t know that was the formula?

Forget getting older gracefully--This is the beauty and style bible every woman has been waiting for!HOW NOT TO LOOK OLD is the first--ever cheat sheet of to-dos and fast fixes that pay-off big time--all from Charla and her friends, the best hair pros, makeup artists, designers, dermatologists, cosmetic dentists and personal shoppers in the biz. Packed with eye-opening details on hair color, brows, lipstick, wrinkle-erasers, jeans, shapewear, jewelry, heels, and more, the book speaks to every woman: from low maintenance types who don't want to spend a fortune or tons of time on her looks to high maintenance women who believe in looking fabulous at any price. There's also too-old vs. just-right before and after photos, celebrity examples of good and bad style, shopping lists of Charla's brilliant buys in fashion and beauty products, coveted addresses of "Where the top beauty pros go," fun sidebars--and more.

Known to national audiences from her ten years on NBC's Today show, style expert Charla Krupp dishes out her secrets in this "ultimate" to-do list for looking hip and fabulous -- no matter what your age.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:04:31 -0400)

"Boot camp for a younger, hipper makeover, packed with no-holds-barred advice on little beauty and fashion changes that pay off big time."--Provided by the publisher.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible