Boy Meets Body by Josh Lanyon

Boy Meets Body

by Josh Lanyon (Contributor), Sarah Black (Contributor)

I haven't actually read Sarah Black's novel, only Josh Lanyon's. Cards on the Table is relatively short, but -- as with all Lanyon's work, actually -- I very quickly came to care about the characters. Jack is a good guy: not a jerk who you like anyway, but an actually good guy who has legitimate concerns about being with Tim. That makes him all the more likeable -- that his issues are understandable, even sensible. I actually liked him more than Tim, though there was nothing I particularly disliked about Tim.

The story of the mystery itself was well written, too, though decidedly -- personally, anyway -- second to the relationship developing between Tim and Jack. I didn't really get invested in the mystery, if that's any indication: the climax for me was the relationship between Tim and Jack, not the solution of the mystery. ( )
  shanaqui | Apr 9, 2013 |
First of all, the quality of the print book was rather bad. A first from MLR books for me, so I'm not sure if it was only my copy or not but it was pretty shaky.

On to the stories, I was a little disappointed by Sarah's story, because it does start with one of the guy cheating on his boyfriend and there's the whole "I might have been in love with him even tho we were only together one day and one night". That doesn't make the boyfriend happy when he comes back because someone told him some young guy was sleeping in HIS bed. It's such a shame he did that too cuz his boyfriend is totally hot~
There are somewhat reasons for why he did it but are there any situation where excuses for cheating are really "valid"? I don't think so besides lack of communication. Something emphasized in this story here.
Anyway despite the fact that I wanted to slap the cheater around, it was still pretty good~

No whining about Josh Lanyon for his story this time!!
He added a little twist to one of the guys that made it for me, very very interesting! I'm a sucker for stories with guys that aren't perfect or who have disabilities (the case here, however minor). It just adds a little spice to the romance. Cards on the Table remains my favorite of Josh Lanyon along with The Dark Horse. ( )
  Isan | Feb 19, 2008 |

Lanyon, JoshContributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Black, SarahContributormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,265,349 books! | Top bar: Always visible