Dodger and Me by Jordan Sonnenblick

Dodger and Me

by Jordan Sonnenblick

Silly. ( )
  librarian1204 | Apr 27, 2013 |
Willie is at the bottom of the popular, athletic, and every other social chain until he meets the magical blue chimp Dodger. Funny, fast-paced with the promise of more adventures in the sequel. ( )
  lindap69 | Apr 5, 2013 |
I can see upper-elementary kids getting a kick out of this, but it just didn't do it for me. It's kinda funny in spots, but overall it's trying too hard to be hilarious. Fourth- or fifth-graders will probably enjoy it, though.

I'm mildly annoyed that I pulled something off my physical to-read shelf and it turns out to be something I never added to the GoodReads shelf, so I don't even get to delete it off that huge list. Sigh. ( )
  librarybrandy | Mar 30, 2013 |
Lots of silly fun. A boy comes into his own. Creative, imaginative, and entertaining. Grades 1 and up. ( )
  mmpvppl | Apr 1, 2011 |
Not one of my favorite Sonnenblick titles. Seemed alittle silly, but I hear kids think its hilarious. Guess I need to start thinking more like a 5th-grader!
  storybook2 | Aug 24, 2010 |

What would you do if your best friend was:
     1. Imaginary?
     2. An oversize blue chimp in surfer shorts? (Potentially embarrassing, but hey, no one else can see him . . . right?)
     3. Proposing a plan to help you improve your life?
     4. Did we say imaginary?
     5. Driving you crazy?!?!
Now you have an idea of what Willie Ryan’s life is like when he meets Dodger. It’s the beginning of a lot of trouble—and a friendship you’ll never forget!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:00 -0400)

Miserable because his only friend moved away and he has once again caused his baseball team to lose a game, fifth-grader Willy Ryan's life suddenly becomes a lot more interesting when he finds Dodger, a furry, blue chimpanzee that only he can see, and he has to decide what he really wishes for in life.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,652,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible