The Kitnapped Creature by Darrel Odgers

The Kitnapped Creature

by Darrel Odgers, Sally Odgers

Other authors: Janine Dawson (Illustrator)

Series: Jack Russell: Dog Detective (8)

This book is called The Kitnapped Creature. The detective Jack Russell and his friends: Preacher, Foxy, and Lord Red are trying to solve the crime of the kitnapped creature. One day Jack and Preacher woke up hungry, so they went downstairs to see if there was breakfast in their bowls. There was nothing for the pups to eat, so they went to find Sarge (Jack and Preacher's owner) because normally there would be something in the bowls for breakfast. They saw him in bed and saw that his hand was dangling over the bed and was hot when Preacher licked it. Jack and Preacher realized that Sarge was sick and went to the neighbor, Auntie Tidge’s house for help. An ambulance came to take Sarge to the hospital. Jack and Preacher went to Auntie Tidge's house (Foxy's owner), until Sarge felt better and returned from the hospital. After talking with Foxy for a while, Jack and Preacher left to go for a walk downtown. While Jack and Preacher were walking they heard a noise, so they began to look and smell to see what was making the sound. When the sound got closer the two pups started to run as fast as they could run. The sound was catching up really fast, so Jack was getting ready to defend Preacher and himself from whatever was chasing them. Once they saw Lord Red, Jack was in relief it was a friend coming to play. They all walked down to the park and saw a cat being tricked into a cage. The cat went after some fish treats that were in the cage and then the man trapped the cat in the cage. When the man put his finger in the cage the cat scratched them. After being trapped, the cat started acting crazy, so the man put some sleeping medicine on the fish treats to make the cat calm down by going to sleep. The man who captured the cat was named Chewy Shoes because his shoes looked chewy to the dogs. Later when no one was around Chewy Shoes (Mr. Antikat) chained the wild cat’s cage and put him in a kitnapper’s truck. Jack saw what happen and went after the truck. When he caught Chewy Shoes, he stopped him before he could harm any other animals that were in Doggeroo. Jack was proud of himself for solving the problem and when he got home he saw Sarge. In the end, Preacher and Jack went on an evening picnic and enjoyed the rest of the day.

I picked the rating for this book because it was very interesting and had a few words that was in dog language. I also thought it was a good mystery and a great way to solve a problem. I liked how the dog was a detective for the animals and Sarge was a detective for humans. It seems that Jack learned a few things from his owner and used the detective skills when he saw an animal in trouble. I also chose this book because it was funny and a good book to read. I have a dog and I thought it would be nice to read about a dog detective. In the book, dogs say their words different than how we say our words, which was a fun part of reading this story. ( )
  KamyraC.B3 | Dec 12, 2017 |
this book did not interest me very much wean I read the book I didn't feel like I was in the book it was about a dog detective who solves misters I didn't feel emotion in this book ( )
  lillybennett | Nov 12, 2014 |

Odgers, Darrelprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Odgers, Sallymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Dawson, JanineIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

There's a kitnapper on the loose in Doggeroo, and he has cat-snatched an old enemy! It could be a case for Jack Russell: Dog Detective, but he has other things on his mind. Foxy is sulking, Sarge is sick, and Preacher, the junior Jack, is in danger. Can Jack spare the time to investigate the case of The Kitnapped Creature?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:11:29 -0400)

Although preoccupied with Sarge's illness and other distractions, Jack Russell finds time to investigate a case of kitnapping.

Kane Miller Books

An edition of this book was published by Kane Miller Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,545,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible