Kiss Me, I'm Perfect! by Robert Munsch

Kiss Me, I'm Perfect!

by Robert Munsch

Other authors: Michael Martchenko (Illustrator)

392927,329 (4)None

This was a great book about having things work out in ways you would never expect. You always have to look on the bright side of things and this book does exactly that. It shows that even when you are wearing something that you think you might be made fun of for, if you just appreciate it, things might turn out in an unexpected way. ( )
  YMcMillion | Nov 2, 2012 |
Summary: This book is about a girl who cant find any clean clothes to wear. She does not want to wear the shirt her grandma got her because it is embarrasing. She wears the shirt anyways and it says Kiss me I'm perfect and she gets lots of kisses so she decides she loves the shirt.

Personal Response: I think about how i can never find what i want to wear in the mornings. I thought this book was so cute because of how she reacts to wearing a shirt from her grandma but then she finds she likes the shirt.

Classroom Extension Ideas: You could do an art project with watercolors and pen because that is what the artwork in the book is. Also you could maybe have the students design a shirt that maybe they think would be embarrasing to wear. ( )
  ke141703 | Sep 6, 2011 |
Lacey starts her morning with no clean clothes. She decides to wear one of grandma's horrible gift shirts to school. The shirt reads, "Kiss Me - I'm Perfect!." Lacey is kissed by a variety of animals (and one boy) before deciding that grandma's shirt was wonderful.

I can relate to the laundry problem posed in this funny story. Lacey's reactions to the animal kisses are so funny I know kids will be entertained by this book.

In the classroom, invite students to design their own "grandma shirts" with funny sayings. I might also use this book as a springboard to discuss responsibility and chores.
  StephanieWhite | Sep 3, 2010 |
Two things make this: the fact that her mother is a logger, and the part where she gets kissed by a bear and then they totally don't even follow up. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Oct 10, 2009 |
I love this. The argument between the girl and her mother (I would WASH your clothes if I could FIND your clothes!) is so real - and the girl's rejoinder (You PROMISE you'll bring me a new shirt? You won't go to work and cut down a tree?) is priceless.

Of course, in classic Munsch fashion everything goes over the top. I never knew eagles and moose could read and kiss people! (Naturally, a moose kiss that covers you head to toe with green gunk is a LOT less gross than a BOY kiss, ew!) ( )
  conuly | Sep 8, 2009 |

Robert Munschprimary authorall editionscalculated
Martchenko, MichaelIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
To Lacey Clarke
Stewart, British Columbia.
--R.M.

Maude ne trouve pas de vêtements propres pour aller à l'école ! Alors sa mère lui suggère de porter un t-shirt bizarre et tres gênant ! En chemin , Maude se dit qu'après tout ce t-shirt bizarre pourrait bien devenir génial.

Best-selling author and illustrator team Robert Munsch and Michael Martchenko have created another winning tale brimming with humor and unexpected twists.

Fresh out of clean clothes, Lacey must wear a previously shunned birthday gift from her grandma: a T-shirt that says, "Kiss Me, I'm Perfect."

Skeptical about the reception she will receive, Lacey starts her journey to school...and is pleasantly surprised by the attention she receives from the kitty cat, dog, eagle, and MOOSE she meets along her way. Even better, once at school, her potentially embarrassing attire is soon coveted by her classmates!

This ridiculously silly tale, filled with wet sloppy kisses, will leave readers in hysterics!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:30 -0400)

When Lacey reluctantly wears to school a shirt from her grandma that says "Kiss me, I'm perfect," she is pleasantly surprised by what happens.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,366,757 books! | Top bar: Always visible