Real Worship: It Will Transform Your Life by…

Real Worship: It Will Transform Your Life (2000)

by Warren W. Wiersbe

This is perhaps the best book on worship that I have ever read. I was originally turned off by the title, but found that as I read that the book is both Biblical and orthodox. Perhaps my favorite aspect of this book is that he is solidly based in biblical principles and Christian orthodoxy but yet is willing to question even the most set in stone ideas and practices. He comes across as being a true Christian mystic (one who desires personal encounters with God) while also being a good Christian theologian. The book instructs and inspires towards true worship of our creator. Well worth the read. ( )
  NGood | Feb 19, 2014 |
This book messed with me, in a good way. Wiersbe challenged all my pre-conceived notions of worship, and I came away feeling that I have not even begun to experience what God intends for His people.

Weirsbe struck home early in the book with the following analysis of worship-less missions:

"When missions is divorced from worship, the human need can become momre important than the divine glory; and the and the strategy used might be the result of human observations rather than a God-given spiritual vision."

By far the hardest chapter to read, however, was the third. In it the author discusses "metamorphosis versus masquerade".

Other subjects such as music, liturgy, and balance in corporate worship are dealt with at length. Yet the focus of the book is consistently brought back to the individual worshiper--his attitudes, motives, and heart condition.

This book is a must-read for anybody serious about knowing what true worship is all about.

www.comingstobrazil.com ( )
1 vote brazilnut72 | Jan 1, 2007 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 080106189X, Paperback)

Respected Bible teacher Warren Wiersbe defines the essence of worship and discusses the key issues surrounding this often controversial topic within the church.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:27:17 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,735,007 books! | Top bar: Always visible