Howling at the Moon by Karen MacInerney

I have to tell you that I am fan of both urban fantasy, and werewolves. I am also a fan of Karen MacInerney. I have read her cozy mysteries for a while now and enjoyed every single one. I didn't know what to expect with Howling at the moon. A cozy werewolf story? Well, it is, and it works. It is a unique take on werewolves in many ways, and it still has the quirky and fun characters I expect to find in this authors books.

Sophie is a werewolf a half werewolf, but one with no pack, no training and only a bit of help from her charming but slightly ditsy mother. Mom is a witch by the way, and she's pretty good at her craft. He sweet, and bubbly nature, as well as that dash of ditsy are great, but as a pack leader, nope. Great mom though. So, since Sophie's main interest in the whole werewolf thing is to not be one, things get complicated and funny. Until she happens to run into a full blooded, scorching hot male werewolf one day. It was pure happenstance. . . or was it? ( )
  mckait | Sep 16, 2017 |
DESCRIPTION, NOT REVIEW: Sophie Garou seems to have it all: a great job at a prestigious accounting firm, a closet that rivals a Nordstrom showroom, and a terrific boyfriend who isn’t afraid to use the “M” word. There’s just one little itty-bitty problem: Sophie is a werewolf–and her time of month has a whole new meaning.

Needless to say, life among yummy flesh-and-blood humans is no piece of steak . . . er, cake!, but regular doses of wolfsbane tea and a mother who runs a magic shop have helped Sophie keep her paranormal pedigree under wraps. Still, when a sexy, golden-eyed werewolf prowls into town, Sophie finds herself struggling to keep her animal impulses in check–not to mention trying to keep things on track with her super hot (and super human) lawyer boyfriend. What’s more, someone is threatening to expose Sophie for what she really is. And when her mother is accused of selling a poison-laced potion, Sophie must sniff out a culprit before the fur hits the fan. ( )
  treehousereader | Aug 8, 2016 |
After plodding along for a couple of days I opted to skim read the rest. Worked out much better. So glad this was a library book and not one I paid money for! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Fun, snarky and hair-raising. An accountant 1/2werewolf, 1/2 human, that have to shave constantly to keep her furry side at bay. She is dating a super hot tenuous lawyer, and he does not know of her changing ways. Her mother is a witch and is accused of murder. She tries to help free her mother while hiding her from her boyfriend and keeping her job and her sanity intact. That is not easy. She encounters a Alpha Were-wolf that has her blood boiling with pleasure...... Oh it just keep pilling on her plate of troubles.
I found myself laughing all through this book with lines like-(describing a big bad were) "he had a funny tuft of hair over each eye-kind of like overgrown eyebrows. And the rest of him looked fluffy too, kind of like and Angora rabbit"
" I stopped by Whole Foods to pick us up some dinner. No wonder they call Whole Paycheck. A cup of fruit salad is like five bucks"
I enjoyed reading this these books, they just leave me feeling good when I am done. ( )
  TheYodamom | Jan 29, 2016 |
Sophie Garou has a good job, designer clothes and a wonderful boyfriend - only one problem, she's a werewolf.

This is an interesting start to a new series. It sort of reminds me of Bitten by Kelley Armstrong but with the humour of Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. ( )
  Cynical_Ames | Sep 23, 2014 |
I have a big secret.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345496256, Mass Market Paperback)

“A swift-paced, fun romp.”
–Charlaine Harris, New York Times bestselling author

Romance is about to get a little hairy.

DON’T MISS THE NEXT BOOK IN THIS HAIR-RAISING TRILOGY: ON THE PROWL

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:46 -0400)

Sophie Garou's wonderful life suddenly becomes complicated when a sexy new werewolf arrives in town, causing her more trouble than usual in hiding her true werewolf nature from her human lawyer boyfriend.

Karen MacInerney is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,545,889 books! | Top bar: Always visible