Abe Lincoln's Hat

by Martha Brenner

Other authors: Donald Cook (Illustrator)

Frontier lawyer Abraham Lincoln cures his absent-mindedness by placing letters, court notes, contracts, and his checkbook in his tall black hat.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
973.7
  OakGrove-KFA | Mar 29, 2020 |
I enjoyed this book; I learned many things I did not know about Abe Lincoln. Since Lincoln was an American president, I have learned many things about him in history classes. I thought I knew pretty much everything there was to know about the president, but after reading this book I noticed I didn't know everything about his personal life. One fact that I didn't know was that he was a lawyer; I knew he was a prominent figure in the new world, but I never knew he brought so many people justice before his presidency. A fact that I found funny and interesting was that he kept important papers in his hat. Without reading this book, I probably would have never found that out. A major factor in Lincoln's presidency was that he freed slaves, declared equal rights for all, and reunited the union. Without Lincoln, who knows where we would be in todays world. He was and still is such a inspiring person for the American people. ( )
  CameronYoung | Jan 21, 2020 |
This book was so cute! Abraham Lincoln was a great man, but his hat was even greater. But why did he always wear it? Abe was a forgetfull man so he kept all of his important notes and letters in his hat. Such a cute book that brings character to a man that many students only know surface facts about. ( )
  JasmineMcBride | Oct 9, 2019 |
This book is a riveting story about what Abe Lincoln's life was like when he was a lawyer. Though the story depicts him as a great guy with very few faults, they do show how he enjoyed a good joke and show that he liked to help people. The book says Lincoln was against slavery though it does not tell that he once held slaves himself while he was president. This is still a quality story to help young children know that Lincoln was more than just the president of the United States. ( )
  PodPuff | Mar 19, 2018 |

Martha Brennerprimary authorall editionscalculated
Cook, DonaldIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,017,522 books! | Top bar: Always visible