Lord John and the Hell-Fire Club by Diana…

Lord John and the Hell-Fire Club

by Diana Gabaldon

I really like Lord John Grey so I thought I would check out some of his spin-off stories. This is the first I've read and was pretty interesting, very mysterious. Also, his pining over Jamie is so easy to sympathize with.
3.5 stars ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
3.5 stars ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This was a nice quick listen - perfect for background noise while you are doing crafts or something - and it had sufficient scandal to keep my ear interested. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |
This was a novella that DG wrote in 1998, as “Lord John and the Hellfire Club.” It is now available in the three-novella collection, Lord John and the Hand of Devils (2007.) Recorded Books has cut the novella as a stand-alone audiobook, “Hellfire” which is all of 1.4 hours long. I was predisposed to liking it because I love the Outlander series, but this first effort in the Lord John series is disappointing. The story itself seems unfinished with a couple of HUGE loose ends left hanging. Also, I don’t know if it was a typo or a misread, but at one point, the wrong name was used in a scene. And finally, Jeff Woodman’s narration was a bit off in that his American voice has failed to nail a British accent. ( )
  Tanya-dogearedcopy | Apr 4, 2013 |
Scottish/History/Romance/Book #4 ( )
  mynurse | Nov 21, 2005 |

Outlander character Lord John Grey finds himself in 19th-century London investigating the death of a red-haired man. Soon he is mixed up in the affairs of Sir Francis Dashwood and his notorious Hellfire Club.

Diana Gabaldon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,920 books! | Top bar: Always visible