This is a booklet issued by a city authority and edited by the supervisor of the team responsible for the final fate of this cemetery. The cemetery is an almost forgotten part of Neapolitan history. It was the burial place of the (mainly foreign) Protestants who died in Naples in the 19th century. Entrusted to the British consulate after it was closed for burials at the turn of the twentieth century, it was scandalously allowed to fall into disrepair, before being almost obliterated by the construction of a public park. Today what remains of the cemetery rests under the eternally tranquil gaze of Mary Somerville (depicted on the cover of the booklet), a noted British mathematician of the nineteenth century. Among other British buried here are the members of the crew of HMS Hannibal, which was used to transport Garibaldi's soldiers. Also to be seen is the burial place of Davide Vonwiller (born 1794), originally from St. Gall in Switzerland. From the age of 17 he made contact with Swiss and English businessmen dealing in textiles in Naples, and later, with the support of other Swiss, he set up factories in Salerno. He became on of the richest inhabitants of Naples. Another is the tomb of the Freitag family, in white Carrara marble.