Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Murder Is Binding by Lorna Barrett

Murder Is Binding (2008)

by Lorna Barrett

Series: A Booktown Mystery (1)

Recently added byBookAllie, rena75, sgilbraith, private library

Can't wait to read the rest of thsi series! ( )
  BookAllie | Jun 3, 2019 |
I got this book from overdrive because the last time I got it from overdrive I didn't finish it in time. I wanted a cozy mystery because have been dealing with some sad stuff in my life and needed something light and fun. I loved this book. This is my first time reading this author and will definitely be reading more of her books. Good character development, good editing and an interesting and entertaining mystery. Highly recommend this book and author. ( )
  CrystalToller | Mar 5, 2019 |
I'm not sure if I like Tricia she's kinda nice but not totally. I'm guessing it's bc this is the first in a series. I did enjoy the story though ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
This small town has been revamped as a booksellers’ town. Although locals visit the shops, it is the tourist travel that keeps the town going now. When mystery bookshop Tricia Miles finds the next door store owner of The Cookery dead in her shop, she becomes the sheriff’s number one suspect. It doesn’t help that the sheriff hates her for a reason not readily known to Tricia. But Tricia does know that if she doesn’t get to the bottom of the killing, she will be looking the wrong way through prison bars. Much happens in this novel, the first in the series. While it does introduce the characters, and sets up future books, it is a delightful and intriguing mystery in its own right, and a promising start to the series. ( )
  Maydacat | Oct 29, 2018 |
In which it is shown, that it takes more than a bookshop (even a mystery bookshop!), a cat and some recipes to make a good murder mystery. Sigh. This isn't it.

A typical "cozy" mystery which has the owner of a used bookstore being accused of murder. She has the requisite cat, and her sister, whom she loathes, is the one with the recipes. Possibly this would be just the book for folks who love cozy mysteries, but I cut my teeth on Rex Stout, Dorothy L. Sayers and Ellis Peters, so it was not a satisfactory read for me. The characters grated, and the topics were banal. After the first 50 pages, I skipped to the end to see if I was missing anything. I was not. ( )
  MrsLee | Jul 7, 2018 |

Lorna Barrettprimary authorall editionscalculated
Corless, Laura K.Designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Fasolino, TeresaCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kolsky, DianaCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Valerie Bartlett
Thank you for introducing me to the wonderful world of mystery novels.
'I tell you, Trish, we're
all victims.'
Tricia turned away. 'I'm starving. I haven't had a thing to eat since breakfast. Where's the bakery bag? There must be a few cookies left.'

'Sorry,' Angelica apologized. 'I ate the last one just before you came back.'

Suddenly fratricide seemed like a wonderful solution to all life's problems. (chapter 21)

Stoneham, New Hampshire, was a dying town until community leaders invited booksellers to open shop. Now, its streets are lined with bookstores--and paved with murder…

When she moved to Stoneham, city-slicker Tricia Miles was met with friendly faces. And when she opened her mystery bookstore, she met with friendly competition. But when she finds Doris Gleason dead in her own cookbook store, killed by a carving knife, the atmosphere seems more cutthroat than cordial. Someone wanted to get their hands on the rare cookbook that Doris had recently purchased--and the locals think that someone is Tricia. To clear her name, Tricia will have to take a page out of one of her own mysteries--and hunt down someone who isn’t killing by the book…

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0425219585, Mass Market Paperback)

The streets of Stoneham, New Hampsire are lined with bookstores...and paved with murder.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:05:03 -0400)

When she moved to Stoneham, city slicker Tricia Miles met nothing but friendly faces. And when she opened her mystery bookstore, she met friendly competition. But when she finds Doris Gleason dead in her own cookbook store, killed by a carving knife, the atmosphere seems more cutthroat than cordial. Someone wanted to get their hands on the rare cookbook that Doris had recently purchased-and the locals think that someone is Tricia. To clear her name, Tricia will have to take a page out of one of her own mysteries-and hunt down someone who isn't killing by the book.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,478,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible