New York (Penguin Longman Penguin Readers)…

New York (Penguin Longman Penguin Readers)

by Vicky Shipton

English (7)  Russian (1)  All (8)
This story is about New York, the most exciting city in the world. Every year, millions of tourists visit New York. New york is called " the city never sleeps". This book explains its history,its sights and its people so I want to visit there! ( )
  ayasu | Jul 15, 2010 |
This book introduces New York in various viewpoint.

This book includes many visual aids and very friendly for readers. ( )
  hideakik | Jan 16, 2010 |
You can read many fascinating stories about New York. And, there are some pictures of skyscrapers in New York in this book. All of them are so beautiful.
We can get information about New York by reading this. Especially, I enjoyed reading the story about shopping.
I've never been to New York. So I wanted to go after reading. ( )
  miyukih | Dec 24, 2009 |
This story expleins about New York. If you read it, You can learn about New York's history, sights, and people.There are a lot of contents. Foe example, The statue of Liberty, Ellis island, and so on.
After reading, I got a lot of information of New York. I'm interested in The Guggenheim Museum.I know about the museum because I learned it at my class. So I want to go New York to see it. ( )
  umineko | Dec 18, 2009 |
1. Main character
New York

2. Write the summary of the book.

After 1800, more and more immigrants came to the United States from other countries. Many of them arrived in New York. Immigrants came from different countries at different time. New York is still an international city. In the last few years, many immigrants have moved to New York from Asia and South and Central America. A lot of Americans have never been to New York because they are afraid. Of course, tourist must be careful in a big city. In New York, there are still thieves in subway station and busy streets.

3. Write your feelings about the book in details.

For some years, it was quite expensive to film in New York. Some movie-makers even filmed New York stories in other big cities, like Toronto (See p 35)

How much does it cost to make one film in New York on average?

4. Write the words, phrases or sentences that impressed you most in the book and explain why they impressed you. Or you could write your questions about the book.

If you get in a taxi in New York, always look for driver's papers and number. A few taxi drivers do not have these and do not the city's rules. A ride in one of these taxis can be expensive or dangerous (See p 20)

New York's yellow taxi is famous, but we shouldn't take in a wrong taxi! ( )
  n.oyaizu | Sep 6, 2009 |

"Every year, millions of tourists visit New York the most exciting city in the world. Read about its history, its sights and its people. What makes New York 'the city that never sleeps'?"--Back cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,468,611 books! | Top bar: Always visible