The Chancy, Chancy, Chancy World by L…

The Chancy, Chancy, Chancy World

by L Rastrigin

113,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byrajendran

Have you ever sat down and thought about how often chance affects your life? If you have, then you probably realize that chance literally hits us from every side.
We live in a world more vulnerable to the vicissitudes of chance than the wildest imagination could devise.
Chance abounds in an endless variety of forms. Some darken our existence, confound our plans and prevent us from realizing our most cherished ambitions. Others do not affect us, while others still illuminate our lives with all the colours of the rainbow and bring happiness and success (eureka!)
But is it really worth talking about chance? What is there to say about it? Chance is chancy, and that's that.
In fact there is a great deal we can say about chance and there is even more we can ask about it.
For example: how does chaos arise? What is control?
How should we act in circumstances involving chance?
How can we come to terms with the difficulties that arise from chance obstacles in our lives? What is the Monte Carlo method? Why is learning necessary? What is it that our chancy, chancy, chancy world gets along quite well? Is it possible to make it better still?
Answers to these and many other questions will be found in this book.
  rajendran |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,516,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible