Golf My Own Damn Way: A Real Guy's…

Golf My Own Damn Way: A Real Guy's Guide to Chopping Ten Strokes Off…

by John Daly

Irascible golfer John Daly responds to the recent spate of "how-to-golf-like-me" books, including Tiger Woods' bestselling "How I Play Golf" with "Golf My Own Damn Way." The two-time major champion (1991 PGA Championship and 1995 British Open) gives practical advice for the common player to improve and enjoy the game more.

The book is written in the same "grip it and rip it" style of Daly's golf game, with short chapters written on specific topics. Among Daly's advice is shortening warm-up times on the practice range, always using a golf cart, and always using enough club. There is a mixture of technical lessons, game management tips, and humorous thoughts about the game.

This is not a book for those just starting to play golf and struggling to learn the rules and the basic techniques. However, if you know roughly how to play the game and are looking for hints of how to get better, this is a fun romp with John Daly leading the way. ( )
  ALincolnNut | Mar 4, 2010 |
A number of good insights from one of the most naturally gifted golfers on how to shave 10 strokes.

I took the following tips as things that will help me right away 1)let your belly lead your hands...always, 2) how to warm up when you get to the course.

Quick read. ( )
  tjbond | Oct 27, 2008 |

If you know anything at all about John Daly—and if you don't, what in the hell are you doing with this book in your hands?—you know he approaches the game of golf from an, uh, slightly different perspective than your average two-time major winner.

How different? Well, for starters, Long John thinks the PGA Tour ought to permit Bermuda shorts, make carts mandatory, let him wear his hair down to his butt if he wants to, and strip-search tournament patrons at the entrance gate to keep cameras and cell phones off the course.

In Golf My Own Damn Way, you'll take a virtual ride on Big John's magic bus as he tells you the best way to grip it so you can rip it. Looking for a sure cure to bunkerphobia? It's here. A one-hour golf lesson that's 100 percent guaranteed to make you a better golfer? Ditto. Want to know why you should occasionally leave your big dog in your trunk, how to watch your weight, and what golf and sex have in common? You came to the right book.

And while he's busy explaining all these and many other things, Daly also tells you why you should keep your head out of the game, let your belly lead your hands, listen to your right foot, check your ball position—and buy a hybrid (the club, not the car).

Following in the spike prints of his 2006 bestselling autobiography, My Life In and Out of the Rough, Golf My Own Damn Way is an off-the-wall and intensely personal yet imminently practical and accessible tip sheet on how to cut ten strokes off your score—now.

Two things are certain: you've never seen a golf instructional book quite like this one, and you'll never need another one.

Fairways and greens, Pard!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:18:22 -0400)

A record-setting professional golfer outlines his offbeat, fun-oriented philosophy to golf play, discussing such challenges as high winds, limited practice times, and playing with hangovers.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,689,179 books! | Top bar: Always visible