Falling: An Erotic Love Story by Cameron…

Falling: An Erotic Love Story (2008)

by Cameron Dane

2010 (1) Cain (1) cowboy (1) cowboys (3) demons (4) drama (1) ebook (8) English (2) erotic (1) gay (2) glbt (2) horses (1) jodi (2) Kindle (1) kindle-non-lendable (2) Loose Id (3) m-m (8) m-m-romance (4) mm (4) own (2) paranormal (6) paranormal romance (2) rape (1) romance (3) romance-erotica (2) shifters (1) supernatural (2) to-read (7) unread (2) western (2)

Deserves more than 5 stars! The emotional intensity of this story is simply breathtaking! ( )
  SerenaYates | Oct 14, 2017 |
Cain Hawkins has a secret he is a demon and he is gay. When Luke Forrester comes to work for him, Cain must deny his attraction and keep his secrets. What will they sacrifice to be together? You will just have to read to find out. ( )
  Viviana_Reece | Jan 10, 2013 |
This story about a very tame demon shifter with wings, and his ranch hand lover, was way too sweet for me. Sticky sweet, mushy even. The plot was also rather predictable and lacked suspense. I liked the characters just enough to finish the story, but I think my rating says it all. ( )
  DianeYu | Mar 8, 2011 |
Falling is the second on a series which tells the story of three Demon brothers, Connor, Cain and Caleb.

In the first book Connor has gained his mortality mating with a human female, Cassie. Having a woman as mate is the only way to become a full human, but Cain can't pursue this way, cause he is gay. Worst, for the Naverto Demon, his breed, homosexuality is a capital crime, punichable by death.

And so Cain for more than 150 years has avoided personal relationship, living only for the love of his horses. But now Cassie, Connor's wife, asks him to help his best friend Luke. Luke is a 25 years old cowboy who is beaten almost to death cause his former employer has found about his homosexuality. Cassie doesn't know that for Cain falls in love with Luke means death. But there is no way that Cain can't deny the feeling he soons has for Luke. Now they only can live full the days they have before the Demon Council strikes with his death sentence.

I have to admit I was a lit bit intrigued by a book which mix cowboys with demons... I don't know why but these are two genre I didn't see well together. So when I read the plot of this romance I was perplexed. But then, I put a blind vote on Loose Id and decide to give Cameron Dane a try. The lenght of the book, 350 pages, almost discourage me (I'm not particulary fond of too long book, I have this kink to be able to read a book in one night...). All conjures to make me not read this book.

But in the end I read it in only two night! it's a pretty good story, very tender and with very few paranormal elements. Really, it's more a "classical" (meaning for classical the late books about manlove between two hot cowboys...) love story than a paranormal one. Nor Cain or Luke are true alpha, they are both good beta. Maybe Luke is a bit stronger than Cain, and this was a surprise, cause given the demon nature of Cain, I was expecting him as the tougher and stronger character. But to be true Luke and Cain are very pretty balanced characters.

In the end Falling is more normal, than most of the contemporary I have read lately.
  elisa.rolle | Jan 9, 2008 |
For S… It all started back in the fourth grade with a story about an invisible boy. Thanks for making me do your homework that one time it really paid off. Love you CD
Cain Hawkins had been summoned to a meeting at his brother Connor’s home.

Cain Hawkins is a master at suppressing his desires. After all, he's been doing it for over one hundred years. What Cain wants more than anything is a man to love, but he knows that no matter how much he craves it, it can never be. Because Cain is a Naverto demon, and to desire another man is more than forbidden, it is an act that will bring about his execution. So he keeps to himself, working with abused horses on a small patch of land, all on his own. But then his brother makes a request that Cain cannot refuse.

Luke Forrester just wants a job and a place where he can recover from the brutal beating he took at the hands of his former boss. He dreams of a place where he can work with the horses that he loves so much. The fact that he's had a crush on Cain Hawkins, his best friend's brother-in-law, for more than two years threatens everything. But Luke's determined not to screw things up. He will do the work and prove to Cain that it wasn't a mistake to hire him, and he won't allow the fact that he desires something more with Cain to interfere with his work one bit.

But working and living in such close proximity can test the best of intentions, and when one kiss leads to something much, much more, Cain must open himself in a way that he never has before. He must trust Luke completely and tell him everything about who and what he is. And together, they must find a way to fight for Cain's humanity and save him from his demon clan before he is found out and they are ripped apart forever.
From Loose Id:Rancher Cain Hawkins is a demon who must deny his desires for employee Luke Forrester. To give in means certain death. But with Luke, Cain discovers that falling in love just might be worth dying for.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,993,957 books! | Top bar: Always visible