Snowglobe 7 by Mike Tucker

I thought story-wise this was a pretty good Doctor Who tie-in. At first, I was afraid it was going to be a bit preachy about global warming (not that I'm not about protecting the environment, I just don't want to be bashed on the head with it while reading for fun). But, after a few not so subtle nudges about how we're all destroying the planet, it was back to the plot, which was better than many of the other Who books I've read. I think the author could've done better with the characterizations of the Doctor and Martha, but again, it was better than some of the other books I've read. All in all, not a bad installment. ( )
  virginiahomeschooler | Feb 11, 2014 |
A good Doctor adventure. Glad I read it. ( )
  Icefirestorm | May 26, 2012 |
It's a competently written, solid story. I give it three stars because I didn't find it to be exceptional - nothing really jumped out at me in a sort of, "Wow, that's cool!" fashion. Not a bad read, though. ( )
  Imshi | Mar 22, 2010 |

Interesting setting - near future earth facing catastrophic warming, so chunks of arctic terrain are being preserved (but for some reason in Dubai). Ancient alien menace, of course, dealt with by the Doctor and Martha (who gets some good moments); well enough written and keeps the attention. Georgia Moffett doesn't go over the top but delivers the goods. ( )
  nwhyte | Aug 27, 2009 |
In this book, the Doctor and Martha are heading off for a vacation, but instead of the beach they end up in an arctic climate, which turns out to be a giant "snowglobe" where antarctic ice has been preserved against loss by environmental conditions. But buried inside the ice is an alien menace that nobody counted on. The doctor and Martha not only have to fight the creature, but also the corporate trying to turn the snowglobes into a jet-setter playground. This was a good, quick read if you like Doctor Who. ( )
  Homechicken | Sep 22, 2008 |
For my mum, for introducing me to good books.
And for Karen, who seems to like what I write.
Del McAllen shivered, though it had nothing to do with the cold.

Earth, 2099. Global warming is devastating the climate. In a desperate attempt at preservation, the governments of the world have removed vast sections of the polar ice caps & set them inside huge domes. The Doctor & Martha arrive in Snowglobe 7 & soon discover that it's not only ice & snow that has been preserved.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,142,236 books! | Top bar: Always visible