Doctor Who: Snowglobe 7 by Mike Tucker

Doctor Who: Snowglobe 7 (edition 2008)

by Mike Tucker

Member:Shijuro
Title:Doctor Who: Snowglobe 7
Authors:Mike Tucker
Info:Random House UK (2008), Hardcover, 256 pages
Tags:SF, DoctorWho, 10thDoctor, Martha

Snowglobe 7 by Mike Tucker

The Doctor and Martha land in a giant snowglobe, one created to preserve vast sections of the Arctic and Antarctic, which would otherwise be melting. However, with the ice, something else, quite menacing has also been preserved and both the Doctor and Martha have to chip in to defeat the mysterious threat. Good example of the series and its characters. The stakes are high and both the Doctor and Martha act the way they "should." ( )
  -Eva- | May 29, 2018 |
I thought story-wise this was a pretty good Doctor Who tie-in. At first, I was afraid it was going to be a bit preachy about global warming (not that I'm not about protecting the environment, I just don't want to be bashed on the head with it while reading for fun). But, after a few not so subtle nudges about how we're all destroying the planet, it was back to the plot, which was better than many of the other Who books I've read. I think the author could've done better with the characterizations of the Doctor and Martha, but again, it was better than some of the other books I've read. All in all, not a bad installment. ( )
  virginiahomeschooler | Feb 11, 2014 |
A good Doctor adventure. Glad I read it. ( )
  Icefirestorm | May 26, 2012 |
It's a competently written, solid story. I give it three stars because I didn't find it to be exceptional - nothing really jumped out at me in a sort of, "Wow, that's cool!" fashion. Not a bad read, though. ( )
  Imshi | Mar 22, 2010 |

Interesting setting - near future earth facing catastrophic warming, so chunks of arctic terrain are being preserved (but for some reason in Dubai). Ancient alien menace, of course, dealt with by the Doctor and Martha (who gets some good moments); well enough written and keeps the attention. Georgia Moffett doesn't go over the top but delivers the goods. ( )
  nwhyte | Aug 27, 2009 |
For my mum, for introducing me to good books.
And for Karen, who seems to like what I write.
Del McAllen shivered, though it had nothing to do with the cold.

Earth, 2099. Global warming is devastating the climate. In a desperate attempt at preservation, the governments of the world have removed vast sections of the polar ice caps & set them inside huge domes. The Doctor & Martha arrive in Snowglobe 7 & soon discover that it's not only ice & snow that has been preserved.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,155,752 books! | Top bar: Always visible