The Kindness Quilt by Nancy Elizabeth…

The Kindness Quilt

by Nancy Elizabeth Wallace

One thing I found very interesting about this book was the illustrations. When the book begins, the students are in class and the teacher is reading them a fable. The next few pages are illustrations of the fable book the class is reading; so, there are illustrations of a book inside of the book. I thought that was a neat way to illustrate the fable, rather than just having a picture of the children sitting on the rug listening to the story.
The class reads a fable and discovers that the lesson of the story is to show kindness. The teacher asks the students to complete an act of kindness and then bring in a picture of it to class. Minna, one of the students in the class, completes multiple acts of kindness. However, she can’t decide which picture to bring in to class. So, Minna creates an artwork quilt that holds many different acts of kindness. Her classmates love the idea, and soon the whole class is adding their acts of kindness on to the kindness quilt. The quilt continues to grow and soon other classes have joined too!
I really liked this book, and I would love to read this to my future class. I think the kindness quilt is such a cute idea, and my students could make their own kindness quilt after reading the book! ( )
  mkstorey | Feb 1, 2017 |
The Kindness Quilt holds a special place in my heart. This wonderful picture book is just right for ages 4-8. I love reading it with my grandchildren. There is a very strong moral lesson here and that is to be kind to everyone. A great book for teachers as well.

Tyrone bunny says, "It shows you can be kind whether you're little or big."

Lindsey bunny said, "We should try to do something kind every day."

The story unfolds with mentioning various fun "kindness projects" that roll into one huge art project, and that is "The Kindness Quilt." Your toddler will be captivated by the paper-cut collages, along with preschoolers interacting with letters of the alphabet. Our family enjoyed the book and we recommend it for your home and school library. ( )
  LadyD_Books | Mar 17, 2013 |
Summary: Minna and her classmates had a lesson on kindness and they each worked on a project representing kindness. Minna finally decides on a kindness quilt and it spreads throughout the entire school.
Genre: Fantasy ( )
  MollyBeaumont | Nov 9, 2011 |

Minna does a lot of thinking about her project to do something kind, make a picture about what she did, and share it with her classmates, but finally comes up with an idea that spreads to the whole school.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,432,235 books! | Top bar: Always visible