Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's…

Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life… (edition 2008)

by Jen Lancaster (Author)

Member:sydneyellis
Title:Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie Is Not the Answer
Authors:Jen Lancaster (Author)
Info:NAL Trade (2008), Paperback
Collections:Wishlist

Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest To Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or, Why Pie is Not The Answer by Jen Lancaster

English (60)  French (1)  All languages (61)
Such a Pretty Fat by Jen Lancaster

★★★★

When it comes to a good laugh and an easy read, Jen Lancaster never disappoints. In her third memoir, Such a Pretty Fat, Jen takes us through her journey of weight loss and her many other adventures. While I didn’t always find myself laughing out loud, I almost always had a smirk on my face during the reading of this book. Lancaster is sarcastic and doesn’t hold back on her feelings. She is a very relatable woman. I found myself nodding in several places in agreement or wishing I was as awesome as her. Her husband is equally awesome by the way. In the end, as usual, besides all the humor, her books wrap up with a comforting, inspirational message – in this case, if you put your mind to it, one can do it, whatever “it” is. At the end of every Jen Lancaster book I just think “I sure wish this lady was my friend.” Thumbs up on this book.
  UberButter | Feb 9, 2016 |
Yes, it was funny, but I find I don't really LIKE Jen Lancaster much. I did finish it, which says something, I suppose. It can be fun if you just want a good time. This is the first title I read entirely on my Kindle! ( )
  thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
  thukpa | Feb 6, 2016 |
  thukpa | Feb 5, 2016 |
This book made me laugh out loud. I've read all 3 of Jen Lancaster's memoirs and they just keep staying funny. ( )
  i.should.b.reading | Jan 15, 2016 |
Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.
-- A Weight Watchers Axiom

Weight Watchers can kiss the fattest part of my ass.
-- A Jen Lancaster Axiom
For Jennifer Coburn, the queen (gene) of the good idea. For Barbie, who opened the door and shoved me through it. And for everyone who ever lived with a person on a diet . . . I am deeply sorry.
"Today on the bus a guy called me a fat bitch."

A NOTE FROM JEN LANCASTER:

"To whom the fat rolls…I'm tired of books where a self-loathing heroine is teased to the point where she starves herself skinny in hopes of a fabulous new life. And I hate the message that women can't possibly be happy until we all fit into our skinny jeans. I don't find these stories uplifting; they make me want to hug these women and take them out for fizzy champagne drinks and cheesecake and explain to them that until they figure out their insides, their outsides don't matter. Unfortunately, being overweight isn't simply a societal issue that can be fixed with a dose healthy of positive self-esteem. It’s a health matter, and here on the eve of my fortieth year, I've learned I have to make changes so I don't, you know, die. Because what good is finally being able to afford a pedicure if I lose a foot to adult onset diabetes?"

Watch a QuickTime trailer for this book.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:51 -0400)

Unfortunately, being overweight isn't simply a societal issue that can be fixed with a dose healthy of positive self-esteem. It's a health matter, and on the eve of her fortieth year, Lancaster learns to make changes. Because what good is finally being able to afford a pedicure if you lose a foot to adult onset diabetes?… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,871,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible