Surrender to the Highlander by Terri Brisbin

Surrender to the Highlander

by Terri Brisbin

This book was a bit of a surprise for me. I came into with high expectations because I really liked Rurik's character in the previous novel [b:Taming the Highlander|825834|Taming the Highlander (The MacLerie, #1)|Terri Brisbin|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1178723779s/825834.jpg|811580] and really wanted to read his story. And while this book didn't meet my intial expectations exactly, I was really impressed with the direction it took.

There is a lot more to the plot than the description gives. Without giving it away, there is simply more to the characters and the situations they find themselves in. I found this part to be refreshing and I feel that Terri Brisbin does a good job of mixing lots of plots together in her stories.

The book isn't very steamy despite the fact that the hero is a notorious playboy. I appreciated that because I felt that the two built a relationship that wasn't purely physical. However, I didn't get why Margiet liked Rurik so much, I felt that it was more obvious why he loved her

I also didn't get why Rurik's dialogue changed from the first book. Maybe because they were talking in a different language? I'm not sure. Like a few things in this book, I felt that they were lost in translation (perhaps I just misread a key paragraph?).

Like with the first one, it wasn't the best story I've ever read but it wasn't the worst. I doubt I would ever reread this series but they were a nice way to pass the time.

(Want to see if the series is worth reading? Check out my blog:http://seriesousbookreviews.wordpress.com/) ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
This book is dedicated to two groups of women who have supported me in the past two years and to one special person -

First, the wonderful women in the office of Dr. Linda Graziano in Cherry Hill, New Jersey. A caring group of professionals they are also avid romance readers and have been asking for Rurik's story since they first read Taming the Highlander. Linda, Patricia, Pat, Helen, Shelley, Deb and Amy - here he is! Enjoy! (And thanks!)

And to the warm and amazingly helpful women and romance readers in the Stratford, New Jersey, office of Dr. Jerome Pietras. To all of you who helped me ease through difficult situations and appointments, many thanks and this one's for you, too!

And this is for Melissa Endlich, my editor, who has been a help to me more than she will ever know over this last year. She understood and loved Rurik as much as I did. Saying thank you is not nearly enough...
His sword sang it's death song and the sound pulsed through his soul, giving him strength and resolve.

[From book's back cover]: Torn between Honor and desire . . . Innocent Margriet Gunnarsdottir carried a heavy secret. She faced a perilous journey to the wild and distant north of Scotland, and her safety lay in her adopted disguise - a nun's habit! But her only protector, a proud, rough-hewn Highlander, made her ache to share her crushing burden. Rurik Erengislsson had sworn to see her home and unharmed. A woman promised to the service of God should be shielded and honored - not desired! Yet Rurik was tempted beyond reason to make this beautiful waif his own.

Innocent Margriet Gunnarsdottir carried a heavy secret. She faced a perilous journey to the wild and distant north of Scotland, and her safety lay in her adopted disguise -- a nun's habit! But her only protector, a proud, rough-hewn Highlander, made her ache to share her crushing burden. Rurik Erengislsson had sworn to see her home and unharmed. A woman promised to the service of God should be shielded and honored -- not desired! Yet Rurik was tempted beyond reason to make this beautiful waif his own.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,373,830 books! | Top bar: Always visible