The Last Single Woman in America by Cindy…

The Last Single Woman in America

by Cindy Guidry

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and didn't want it to end. It is revealing, and dazzling, with funny soapy moments, and family drama that will make you laugh out loud. I enjoyed her series of dates. Cindy's voice is crisp and chatty but not overwhelming. She slams down punch lines like a pro. You will relate to her struggle (well at least I know I do) and grow to love her and her family. ( )
  Shelby-Lamb-Author | Jan 17, 2017 |
Lost interest at about page 48.
  ownedbycats | Sep 1, 2013 |
I expected to be entertained reading this book and was pleasantly surprised to find myself marking lines to remember and discussing viewpoints with friends. Surprisingly serious issues are addressed in these humorous and delightful essays; ranging from feminism to Hurricane Katrina.
  CarolO | May 5, 2009 |
This is a collection of auto-biographical essays, in which the author mostly explores love and relationships, in the context of her own situation: having never been married and being child-free. I really enjoyed them, although at times I found her prose a bit fast-paced and hard to follow. She reminded me of myself, in a lot of ways, and I could easily relate to a lot of what she said. Plus, she lives in Los Angeles, which is where I grew up, which added an additional layer of "yeah, I GET that" to the book for me. The essays are funny, touching at times, and there are moments of quiet profundity, too. Well worth reading. ( )
  herebedragons | Feb 28, 2008 |
Everyone told me to quit saying I'd been fired.

A ?sassy? (USA Today), ?funny, fast-talking? (New York Daily News) ?great read? (People) that unfolds like a conversation with your bawdy best friend over a glass?or a bottle?of wine

Whether she?s being greeted by the news that her brother has thrown her underwear off a Mardi Gras float, desperately trying to kick Dave Matthews out of her car before he discovers that her 6-CD changer contains six Dave Matthews CDs, or hosting a friend?s baby shower after learning that her boyfriend has impregnated another woman, Cindy Guidry writes with the ease of a born raconteur. This is the rare book that provokes both belly laughs and tears, as Guidry barrels through the obstacle course of life, refusing to see her grass as anything other than green.

The Last Single Woman in America belongs on the same shelf as bestsellers like Don?t Get Too Comfortable by David Rakoff, I Was Told There?d Be Cake by Sloane Crosley, and I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:28 -0400)

Documents the author's observations of the dating scene and her experience of living contentedly in spite of her single status and joblessness, a circumstance she shares with a friend, her busybody mother, and a waxing stylist.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible