Angels Watching Over Me by Lurlene McDaniel

Angels Watching Over Me

by Lurlene McDaniel

I cannot say a single bad thing about Lurlene McDaniel, her books or her writing style. When I was very young, she made me want to be a writer and an author. I devoured every book she wrote back then, and have enjoyed introducing them to my own teenage children now. I still read her new books as they are released. That said, this story did not disappoint. I've read the books in this series twice and they still are amazing every time. ( )
  simplywriting | Jan 26, 2011 |
I loved this book when I was younger. I thought all Amish people were like Ethan. I even fell in love with that name. I used to dress up as Leah on character day at school, that's how much this book moved me. Out of all the adventurous novels that were coming out then, and I was in the first batch of Harry Potter and Amelia Atwater-Rhodes releases, I dressed up like Leah Lewis-Hall ( )
  BridgetMarie | Jun 30, 2009 |
your review ( )
  taranitta | May 5, 2008 |
I really liked this book because it deals with a real life story. I have friends who went through the same things as Leah. Some moms put their husbands before their children. She started to think about others more by being in the hospital. She found out that she had lung cancer and this is what her grandmom died from. I would really recommend this book for people who can relate! -JB ( )
  mspioneer | Dec 7, 2007 |

Happy Holidays!  Bah humbug.  "Happy" is not the way Leah Lewis-Hall would describe herself at the moment.  She's spending her twelve days of Christmas in an Indianapolis hospital, while her mother is thousands of miles away on a honeymoon with husband number five.  Leah went to the doctor with nothing more
than a broken finger, but he ordered her to undergo some tests.  Now she's stuck in the hospital, alone.

Then Leah meets her hospital roommate, a young Amish girl named Rebekah, and her big family.  Cynical sixteen-year-old Leah has never known people like this before.  From Rebekah's handsome brother, Ethan, who can barely look Leah in the eye, to her kind older sister, Charity, the Amish family captivates Leah with its simple, loving ways.  When Leah receives frightening information about her condition, her new friends show her that miracles can happen.  And that sometimes angels appear in the most unexpected places.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:46 -0400)

Leah is stuck in the hospital alone at Christmas but, when she receives frightening information about her condition, her new Amish friends show her that miracles can happen and angels can appear in the most unexpected places.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,539,151 books! | Top bar: Always visible