Arrr! (Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day)

Duck Soup by Jackie Urbanovic

Duck Soup (edition 2008)

by Jackie Urbanovic, Jackie Urbanovic (Illustrator)

Member:kirby.kirschmann
Title:Duck Soup
Authors:Jackie Urbanovic
Other authors:Jackie Urbanovic (Illustrator)
Info:HarperCollins (2008), Hardcover, 32 pages
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, dedication, onamonapia, friendship, caring, optimism, trying new things, misunderstanding, humor

Duck Soup by Jackie Urbanovic

Duck Soup, by Jackie Urbanovic, was a very cute story about a duck who thinks he is the best chief in town. One day he's making soup and decides he will get stuff out of the garden to add to the soup, his friends come into the kitchen and see his soup pot, but no duck! Duck's friends freak out and pour the soup into the sink to save their friend. The big picture in this story is to never take your friends for granted. One thing I really liked about this book was the characters. Duck, the main character was hilarious, everything he said was funny and quirky. His personality was built up very quickly and very well. Another part of the book I liked was the illustrations, this was because they were colorful and lively. I also enjoyed the illustrations, because they helped the reader understand the feelings of the characters. This leads into the writing, which I felt was well done, and was very large. The words were very precise and included large amounts of dialogue. Overall I thought this was a very cute book.
  babshe1 | Nov 25, 2013 |
The author makes me think that sometimes we may not always get what we want but we still got people to cheer us on at the end of the day. The way the words are portrayed on the pages give children to know the emotion that is wanting to be given off. The book would be good for third grade and below. ( )
  vicmelen | Nov 25, 2012 |
I love this book, I have read all the Duck books to my story time groups at my library and during class visits and the children just love, them. Duck and his friends are always good for a laugh and the illustrations are wonderful. ( )
  montse2 | Apr 14, 2010 |
Right away we are introduced to the main character, Max the duck. He begins cooking this amazing soup because he has cooked many other delicious soups before. Maxwell Duck feels something is not quite right with his new creation. Having previously sipped a sample while stirring his soup, he decides a very necessary herb is needed from his garden to make his soup perfect!

Later on towards the middle of the book, we are introduced to several more character who are Max's pals. There's Brody the dog and Dakota cat. The story line moves along and the plot thickens... almost literally! You see, those two pals now believe their friend Max fell in the soup! While they grab the ___ well, you've just got to check out this one and read it to the very end. It's really a very good story and a funny one at that! ***** stars! ( )
  LadyD_Books | Mar 18, 2010 |
Kids Love this book. Susanne asked for it a 2nd time. ( )
  cagirlatheart | Aug 9, 2008 |

Max the duck is cooking up an amazing soup. But what's this? A feather floating in the soup! And where's Max? Brody the dog, Dakota the cat, and Bebe the bird race about in their hilarious search for the missing Max. But remember, sometimes things just aren't as they appear.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:29:02 -0400)

Maxwell Duck is trying to invent a soup that everyone will remember him for, but when he goes out to look for the missing ingredient and his friends show up, they think he has fallen into the soup.

19 wanted2 pay1 pay

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,701,649 books! | Top bar: Always visible