Voodoo Island [Oxford Bookworms] by Michael…

Voodoo Island [Oxford Bookworms]

by Michael Duckworth

English (50)  Japanese (1)  All (51)
James Conway  who was a rich man came from the foreign country was going to build a building.
The magic of Voodoo opposes the plan and Voodoo made him promise to cancell the plan.
The fearful occurrence was waiting to him.
I felt scared in the last. It was interesting although I was a few fearful. I recommens it! ( )
  frisk | Jan 25, 2012 |
Mr, James Conway wants to build new houses and shops on an old graveyard.There is an old man who visit there. He has friends in the graveyard.

I don't like this book, because it is not interesting. I can guess the next scene, so I don't feel my heart beat s fast. I don't recommend this book. ( )
  ynm | Jan 25, 2012 |
James Conway plannned to built buildings in Haiti to get a lot of money.There are kind of a curse that is believed since ancient times,called Voodoo.It has a big power,and after that many bad things happen to him.
I haven't read this type of story,so it was interesting.I thought the power of people's belief is so big.I like horror story,so ending was exciting for me. ( )
  kirinsan | Jan 25, 2012 |
James Conway is typical American rich man, he think everything can be solved by power of money.
He planed to construct a new building on the old grave of ancestor of the island.
But voodoo magician put a curse on him...

I like that kind of story, modern rich man try something(most of them ignore warning) and treated horribly.
This story is like that.
There is nothing new, but you can't stop reading.
I can recommend this book to everyone. ( )
  alivemaruyama | Jan 23, 2012 |
James Conway is an American.
He wants to make money so he built buildings in Haiti.
He is going to build was an old graveyard where old man lives.
After that bad things happen to James by Voodoo magic...

First I don't know about Voodoo.
After I read this book I understand it.
But I want to know about it more.
This book is horoor and thriling.
The last is good so I recommend this book. ( )
  gucchi | Jan 22, 2012 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0194790754, Paperback)

This award-winning collection of adapted classic literature and original stories develops reading skills for low-beginning through advanced students.

Accessible language and carefully controlled vocabulary build students' reading confidence.

Introductions at the beginning of each story, illustrations throughout, and glossaries help build comprehension.

Before, during, and after reading activities included in the back of each book strengthen student comprehension.

Audio versions of selected titles provide great models of intonation and pronunciation of difficult words.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:31 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,506,947 books! | Top bar: Always visible