Backup by Jim Butcher

Fun short featuring Harry's brother Thomas. ( )
  shaunesay | Jun 21, 2017 |
I SO needed a Dresden-related book while stuck in the "waiting for the next book in the Dresden series" to appear' doldrums!! That having been said, I love sexy, charismatic, loyal, "got y'er back, Harry" THOMAS RAITH . . and this little tome focused on Thomas. Yeehaw! Not nearly as in-depth as the full-length books . . not as heart-poundingly (is that even a word?) action-packed BUT, I'm not complaining! I enjoyed the quick read and was very pleased to have found Backup on my library's shelf! 4.5 stars .. rounded up to 5 --> C'mon goodreads, PLEASE add a half-star option!! ( )
  idajo | May 8, 2016 |
I forgot to check to see if we had read it. D'oh. Oh well it was a very fast skim read.

Nice little book. Didn't really expand on Thomas' character that much. Nice tidbit to tide over until the next Dresden book. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Ah, I love the change in POV! Reinforces that Harry just doesn't know everything that's going on, and the strength of his allies. ( )
  irrhapsodi | Jan 3, 2016 |
Fun romp through the Harry Dresden-verse as seen through the eyes of his brother, Thomas Raith. Super fast read but something uber fans of The Dresden Files will adore.

3.5 stars ( )
  flying_monkeys | Jul 28, 2015 |

Jim Butcherprimary authorall editionscalculated
Mignola, MikeIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Let's get something clear right up front.
Harry's a wizard. A genuine, honest-to-goodness wizard. He's Gandalf on crack and an IV of Red Bull...
(pg 7)

Harry's in trouble he knows nothing about, and it's up to his big brother Thomas to track him down and solve those little life-threatening difficulties without his little brother even noticing. Set in Jim Butcher's ultra-popular Dresden Files series.--Dust jacket… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,011,448 books! | Top bar: Always visible