Undone by Brooke Taylor

Undone

by Brooke Taylor

This book is intense, suspenseful, and amazing. 5/5 VW (10th grade) I chose this book because it looked like the kind of book I'd read. I read the inside cover and thought it sounded good. AG ( )
  edspicer | Sep 25, 2013 |
Undone by Brooke Taylor is about a girl named Serena who was lost in life until she met Kori. Kori was her best friend but her mother did not approve of Kori. After Kori died in a car accident Serena was lost again. Kori was her protector and watched out for her. The truth was that Serena’s mother had a secret of her own about who Serena’s father was. The cover was of a girl that was sad and depressed and she was different. I recommend this book for anyone. ( )
  lchs.mrso | May 25, 2010 |
Serena is the best fried to Kori, the eccentric, totally out of the ordinary girl who everyone talks about, either good or bad. Whereas Serena is the tag along, her and Kori became friends at a young age and have been inseparable ever since. Not only are Kori and Serena always together, getting into trouble or getting out of trouble, but Serena has started acting like Kori. Trying to be as brave and as daring as her and even dying her hair. Everyone says they look alike and they even have the same birthdays, they were destined to be friends.

Serena’s life gets turned upside down when Kori’s life is taken away and Serena is left to fend for herself and determine her fate alone. Serene encounters strange situations that she would never put herself through, but she knows Kori would, so she trys new things, meets new people, and ultimately betters herself because of it.

I actually really like this book. I love that it is real and so similar to ups and downs of life as a teenager. Its about best friends and how far one will go to be there for the other, whether they are actually really there or not. ( )
  arielle13 | Nov 5, 2009 |
It's really good...it really shows what goes on in high school. [It was compelling] when Kori was killed and Serena really wanted to finish Kari's list. Loved it! AHS/CD

It's an amazing book. It doesn't take long to hook you and once it gets going you don't want to put it down. A reccomendation and the description on the back made me choose this. Also because the person on the cover looks like my friend. AHS/AB
  edspicer | Oct 15, 2009 |
Reviewed by Sally Kruger aka "Readingjunky" for TeensReadToo.com

What happens when the only person you think understands you is gone? It happened to Serena when she lost her friend Kori.

Her friendship with Kori started just a short time ago, but the two have come to almost define each other. Serena not only adopted Kori's look and style, but also gained her protection and support. Both girls struggle with family issues, but life seemed a bit easier when they could escape together.

Kori brought out the wild side of Serena. There were late night rendezvous, smoking, tongue piercings, and plans of a tattoo. Serena became more of a risk-taker and more sure of herself when Kori was there. Serena had other friends, but everyone took a step back when the two girls were together because their connection was special. The already rocky relationship Serena had with her mother became even edgier when her mother demanded that the two girls not see each other.

The accident was a shock to everyone. The ride Kori accepted with Parker became her last, and it left Serena with a feeling of responsibility to complete the tasks left undone by her friend. It was obvious from the funeral and memorial tribute that Kori's family didn't know her like Serena did, which meant that only Serena knew what to do to honor her memory. But when Serena began to check off the tasks on Kori's list, she began to uncover secrets about her own life.

Brooke Taylor is a YA author to keep an eye on. She realistically captures the frustration of teens trying to deal with family issues, school pressure, and finding a place to fit in. Readers from all backgrounds will be able to find themselves in Taylor's characters. The teen world of insecurities, impulsive decisions, and shifting emotions is well-developed in the storyline of UNDONE. I look forward to Ms. Taylor's next book. ( )
  GeniusJen | Oct 13, 2009 |
To Dad, for your support and enthusiasm in all my many endeavors but particularly in this one-I know you are cheering me on still.
Kori came with a warning label-a black T-shirt that read: DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR ABOUT ME. On the day we became best friends, I was staring. Gaping. Gawking my geeky little eight-grade eyes out.

When Kori Kitlzer, the “dark angel” of the 8th grade, tells Serena Moore that they are more alike than she thinks, Serena is instantly intrigued.  As their friendship solidifies and their lives entwine, Serena tries to become more like the fearless, outspoken, and ambitious Kori. Soon Serena doesn’t know where she begins and Kori ends. But when a twist of fate yanks Kori away from Serena, she will need to find a way to complete her best friend’s life left undone.

Undone is a striking debut novel about friendship, family, and the secrets we keep from the people to whom we are closest.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:14 -0400)

Sixteen-year-olds Serena and Kori look alike but have opposite personalities and live very different lives in Kismet, Colorado, but when tragedy strikes, Serena decides to complete Kori's list of "5 Secret Things" and uncovers, in the process, the mystery that has bound them together.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,733,516 books! | Top bar: Always visible