Thirteen by Lauren Myracle

I read Twelve several months ago, then Eleven and just finished Thirteen this morning. So my reading of this series has been completely out of order! But that mattered not a bit. My inner 5th - 8th grader heartily enjoyed each of the books. Winnie is a lovable character, as is her entire family.
  chronic | Mar 23, 2017 |
This book was about a girl named Winnie her boyfriend Lars, her older sister Sandra her boyfriend Bo and her friends Cinomman and Dihana. It talked about growing up into a 13 year old. In the middle of the book it talked about divorced parentes and not making a big fuss over it. It also talked about trusting your boyfriends. Winnie and her older sister Sandra skiped school one day and got in trouble bad. At the end of the book it talked about a new story for Winnies family because her mom was pregenet with a baby girl.

This book was kind of weird but it talked about things that girls have to live with when they grow up. This book is only for girls to read. So keep it away from boys. It's hard living with divorced parents I know because I have a friend that does. It talks about Leukemia and helping people that have it smile. Familiys change so just don't give up and make a fuss. This book makes me want to read more of these books. ( )
  ChloeB.G1 | Mar 29, 2015 |
Summary: This book is about a girl named Winnie. Its the fourth book in the series, and in each book she turns a different age. In this book she turns 13. Every chapter resembles a month so by the end of the books she's almost 14. The first chapter is about her birthday party which she celebrates with her two best friends. They go to the mall and get makeovers, then go to Winnie's house to sleep over. In the book she goes camping with one of her best friends, finally gets a boyfriend, breaks up with him, then gets back together with him, goes to a huge birthday party, skips school with her big sister on valentines day, and at the end of the book her new little sister is born. She also learns to deal with her annoying 7 year old brother Ty.
Review: There wasn't anything I didn't like about this book. I liked how it wrote about Winnie's thoughts and feelings instead of just writing what she did without feeling or thought. I liked the characters in the book. Her little brother was really funny. I liked that there was a little bit of drama. I liked that it was funny. And that each chapter was a explaining a month, so that by the end of the book, she was almost 14, and the next book is called 14 ( )
  aliya.b1 | Jan 12, 2015 |
Early YA readers. I liked the real and normal family - hip and funny. ( )
  LynnSigman | Dec 8, 2010 |
I lked this book because this girl is trying to be perfect but she can't. The autour does not make unrealistic problems and the neat thing about this book is that it's based on a twelve months cycle. We can see how this girl,is dealing with being a thirteen year old. She's trying to balance friends, school, and her boyfriend all at the same time. Throughout the story, we see a little bit ourselves in the plot, either by cutting thier hair for donation,or maybe just ditching school. I think this book was more interesting and relateable than the book called "It's kind of a funny story". ( )
  8H.corianndera | Sep 29, 2009 |

At last a teenager, thirteen-year-old Winnie Perry continues to juggle the challenges of her life. While being stuck in the middle of two best friends who are maturing at different rates, Winnie must also deal with her boyfriend, Lars, who isn't being entirely honest with her.

Winnie Perry is a teenager—at last! And it’s a really big deal. A ginormous deal, that, wouldn’t you know it, brings ginormous problems along with it. Winnie’s bff #1 is growing up too slowly, while her bff #2 is growing up too fast, leaving Winnie stuck in the middle. Winnie’s boyfriend, Lars, is fabulous—except when he’s not. And as for Winnie’s family, well, big changes are in the air! Beloved author Lauren Myracle returns with first kisses and near misses for everyone’s favorite birthday girl.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:35 -0400)

Winnie's thirteenth year brings many joys and challenges as she negotiates her relationship with her first boyfriend and realizes that change is inevitable in her friends, family and even herself.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,934,941 books! | Top bar: Always visible