Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach by Mélanie…

Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach

by Mélanie Watt

Scaredy Squirrel is creating a beach under his nut tree! He gets his plan together so that he has all of his materials. But one thing is missing, the sound of the ocean. He needs to make a plan to get to the actual beach safely to get a seashell and get back to his nut tree as quickly as possible. When he gets to the beach he finds the perfect shell. But a problem happens when people start arriving at the beach! He did not plan for this to happen! He plays dead. Finally he gets up and realizes what a great time the beach really is! He gets back to his nut tree safe and sound with the perfect sound of the ocean. ( )
  Kelleighk1 | Dec 14, 2016 |
I embarrassed my son when I saw this at the library: Oh! A new Scaredy Squirrel book! Yay!" Well, sorry, but I empathize with the little dude and have a lot to learn from him as he copes with his anxieties and has fun despite them." ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
I think this book is good. I would recommend this book to my friend, Joel. ( )
  Podbuddy_Z.S. | Dec 9, 2013 |
Determined to avoid the dangers posed by seagulls, jellyfish, sea monsters, pirates, coconuts, and lobsters, Scaredy Orville Squirrel (S.O.S.) sets out to create his own beach in this, his third adventure. But when he discovers that his imitation is missing something, he ends up heading for the real beach after all, in a carefully orchestrated campaign that (inevitably) goes wonderfully awry.

I enjoyed Scaredy Squirrel at the Beach, and appreciated some of the little details, like Scaredy's middle name (and consequent initial scheme), as well as the continuing theme of discovery and confidence-building, in which the hero learns that the intimidating world outside his tree has many wonderful things to offer. The illustrations are bright and appealing, the format (with lots of lists) entertaining. Another winner in Mélanie Watt's ongoing picture-book series about the phobic squirrel! ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jul 22, 2013 |
Genre: Fantasy

Review: Scaredy Squirrel creates has a fear of the different crowds at beaches. In order to complete his home-made beach, he must conquer his fear and go to the beach to collect one last item. This book is a good example of fantasy because the fantasy story stays together throughout the book.

Media: digital photoshop ( )
  cwollan09 | Mar 5, 2012 |

Scaredy Squirrel doesn't like crowds so he doesn't go to the beach, he builds his own. However, something is missing so he needs to go to the real beach and retrieve it.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,464 books! | Top bar: Always visible