Clotilde's Edible Adventures in Paris by…

Clotilde's Edible Adventures in Paris

by Clotilde Dusoulier

Clotilde’s Edible Adventures is a series of reviews of different eateries in Paris. There’s the occasional anecdote and the occasional recipe. I was underwhelmed. As someone who lived in France for awhile (never Paris though), I have a certain affinity for reading about scrumptious French food. The scrumptiousness here was missing. I think my beef with it was that she seems to enjoy places that are “edgy” or “eclectic.” Fine, well, and good. But I really detest food that is a little bit odd just for the sake of being “cutting edge.” I’m much more appreciative of a Julia Childs type of fare: down-home or fancy french cooking, but classic. Maybe I’m narrow-minded. Maybe I’m old-fashioned. Maybe I’m missing out. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Ironically, I’ll be a dissenter from the masses on this one and not like it. It did not make me long to be back in Paris. I would think that the logical conclusion of reading such a book. ( )
  mullgirl | Jun 8, 2015 |
I haven't put this book to the test so I don't know but the recommendations look solid so a good basis for future plans. ( )
  wonderperson | Mar 31, 2013 |

Clotilde Dusoulier, a native Parisian and passionate explorer of the city’s food scene, has won a tremendous following online with her insider reports and wonderful recipes on her blog, www.chocolateandzucchini.com. Her book, Chocolate and Zucchini, introduced her to a wider, equally enthusiastic audience.

Now in Clotilde’s Edible Adventures in Paris, Clotilde reveals her all-time favorite food experiences in her native city. She takes us on a mouthwatering tour of the restaurants, markets, and shops she loves the most: from the best places to go for lunch, tea, or a glass of wine, to “neo bistros” and the newest places to find spectacular yet affordable meals. Packed with advice on everything from deciphering a French menu to ordering coffee correctly, this book is like having Clotilde as a personal guide. A dozen tempting recipes are also included, shared or inspired by Clotilde’s favorite chefs and bakers.

For first-time visitors and seasoned travelers alike, Clotilde’s Edible Adventures in Paris offers invaluable insider recommendations on eating and shopping with Parisian panache.

The best of Paris, featuring 164 restaurants, bistros, wine bars, and salons de thé, as well as over 130 bakeries, pastry shops, cheese shops, bookstores, chocolate and candy shops, cookware and tableware stores, specialty shops, outdoor markets, and much, much more!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:38 -0400)

Features a food lover's favorite restaurants, wine bars, outdoor markets, and other places to visit for lunch, dinner, or a glass of wine while in Paris, plus advice on how to order a meal, decipher a menu, and more.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,925,530 books! | Top bar: Always visible